CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

That point is BS. You just said to Red no opinions yet you interjected yours. Nobody knows for certain how a movie will be liked or disliked over 20 years from now.

I mean that die hard Avengers fanboys are going to still like the film in 20 years, well chances are anyway.

True but you didn't say it in that context did you.

Yes, I did. The later part of my post was my opinion that it wouldn't be regarded as well as classics like BTTF or Indy. But the first part of my post was merely an observation of the fact it has only been 2.5 years since the movie came out. Enough time hasn't gone by to say it has stood the test of time. Edited by redfirebird2008

Godfather was hugely successful at the box office too and has had its fair share of backlash, not to mention parodies over the years. To me, the Wizard of Oz is a great example of a movie that stood the test of time. It flopped at the box office and then ended up being watched by more people than probably any movie in history, simply because it became a holiday tradition and parents passed it down to their kids from generation to generation. It became a beloved movie over time rather than being overpraised to begin with, which is often the case with popular movies in current times (TDK, Avengers, Avatar, you name it).

True but we still won't know for sure. Trust me kids love TA right now, question is will they love it in 10 years when they are teenagers?

Yes, I did. The later part of my post was my opinion that it wouldn't be regarded as well as classics like BTTF or Indy. But the first part of my post was merely an observation of the fact it has only been 2.5 years since the movie came out. Enough time hasn't gone by to say it has stood the test of time.

cool, i didn't say it had stood the test of time though, in fact you were the one that brought AVATAR into the conversation in the first place. Anyway i get what you mean

True but we still won't know for sure. Trust me kids love TA right now, question is will they love it in 10 years when they are teenagers?

That is an interesting question. I would like to think so. Maybe they'll gain new appreciation for the wittiness of the dialogue as they get older.

Godfather was hugely successful at the box office too and has had its fair share of backlash, not to mention parodies over the years. To me, the Wizard of Oz is a great example of a movie that stood the test of time. It flopped at the box office and then ended up being watched by more people than probably any movie in history, simply because it became a holiday tradition and parents passed it down to their kids from generation to generation. It became a beloved movie over time rather than being overpraised to begin with, which is often the case with popular movies in current times (TDK, Avengers, Avatar, you name it).

But that's certainly not the only way movies can become popular. And any movie that does really well at the box office will be remembered somehow; whether because of their classic status or because of how they represented the culture of the audience who saw the film. Edited by tribefan695

But that's certainly not the only way movies can become popular. And any movie that does really well at the box office will be remembered somehow; whether because of their classic status or how they represented the culture of the audience who saw the film.

Certainly. Even trash like Transformers 2 will be remembered because it made a lot of money.

I don't see you calling out BKB for his numerous rants about TDKR, not to mention the personal attacks he has been known to engage in. Dexter is fucking harmless compared to him.

all I sad I would rather have another film hit 100m 2nd weekend not to have beat Titanic.I am fine with Avengers do 630m.

That point is BS. You just said to Red no opinions yet you interjected yours. Nobody knows for certain how a movie will be liked or disliked over 20 years from now.

It would be funny if both Avengers and TDK are both hated 20 years from now and kids with we were stupid for liking them.