CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

You are right, I am one of them. But that doesn't mean there isn't something seriously disturbing with a faction of the fanbase. I never said that this applies to all of us, desr sir. Hence why I said faction, countless times. :)

No one understands the hate from TDK/Nolan fans like AVATAR/Cameron fans do but most TDK fans on here have been positive towards The Avengers. I think The Avengers was a great fun film, i just don't think its very deep or will stand up to multiple viewings over time unlike films like X-Men 2, Spiderman 2, BB and TDK (although people do overrate that) but thats just my opnion and TA is a good film.

Update from rallax:They have sold 1150 tickets now, at this time yesterday they had sold 550. It's heading to a 45 Saturday.

Thanks for the update. 45M for a second Saturday would be beyond crazy.

I'm out of quota so i can't LIKE you post but i agree with all of that except Mask of the Phantasm, i haven't seen it as i can't watch cartoons anymore for some annoying reason but i have heared nothing but good about that film for years.

You need to see it. If you like Begins a lot, you will like Phantasm a lot too. It delivers a great origin story through flashbacks.

Thanks for the update. 45M for a second Saturday would be beyond crazy.

And place it number 6 or 7 all time Saturdays, crazy. If it goes up even further it would literally be :mouthdropped: :mouthdropped:

I am not hating Avengers as I said Avengers is far better than transformers.Those films are not a good comparison.Transformers characterMegatronOptimus PrimeBubblebeeIron HideSamgirlfriendStarscreamAgent SimmonsStar Wars is not a good comparison since it does have all the humor into as Avengers nor is it assemble cast.Transformers tired with humor and be light-hearted but failed. Transformers tired to do good with character but failed.What wrong with comparing a good movie with a bad movie that are similar.

Bubblebee? Iron Hide? Girlfriend? The first one doesn't have a single line in the movie. (Radio songs don't count) The second is as full fleshed of a character as is my lipstick. The "girlfriend" you can't even remember the name of? Star Trek - Spock, Kirk, McCoy, Sulu, Uhura, Chekov, Scotty, Nero. Star Wars - Like, Han Solo, Leia, Darth Veider, Chubaka, Obi-One Kenobi, C-3PO, R2-D2 Independence Day - There were at least 8 characters I cared more about that the whole sum of "characters" you mentioned from TF.Star Wars has way more humor than TF.

Isn't that more like heading towards $50+ million? It's currently running 109% ahead of yesterday's ticket sales...

But when the evening shows come, it won't be running at 109%, the evening shows were very busy last night, and I don't see tonight's even shows doing much better than maybe a max of 50% above yesterday's.

These generalizations are outright dumb.

Hmmm, ok let's see. What did the people who are downplaying TA have in common? More than 90% have a reference to tdk, like an avatar or signature. Sorry, but fact. Over there at SHH, the only people who gave TA a bad or medicore score have all a tdk avatar or signature. Don't get me wrong, i know there are alot of fans who like both movie, and hate those childish wars, and those people deserve a lot of respect, but lets be honest, those are the minority.

It does matter if cared about they all had decent amount of screen time. Star Wars is all about Luke it his Journey. Avengers is about Iron man, Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye, Captain America, Black Widow, and Nick Furry.

Hmmm, ok let's see. What did the people who are downplaying TA have in common? More than 90% have a reference to tdk, like an avatar or signature. Sorry, but fact. Over there at SHH, the only people who gave TA a bad or medicore score have all a tdk avatar or signature.Don't get me wrong, i know there are alot of fans who like both movie, and hate those childish wars, and those people deserve a lot of respect, but lets be honest, those are the minority.

Again, you're claiming that the only people who have criticized Avengers are Nolan or TDK fans. That is a dumb generalization and A.O. Scott's review is proof of it. He trashed Inception and he trashed Avengers.