Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

6月9日公開『リトル・マーメイド』本編には、一部、光に対して敏感なお客様がご覧になられた場合、光過敏性発作やてんかんの症状など、光感受性反応による諸症状を引き起こす可能性のあるシーン(光の点滅が続くシーン等)が含まれております。光に対する感受性は個々のお客様によって異なりますので、ご鑑賞いただく際には予めご注意ください。光刺激に敏感なお客様は、ご鑑賞に際して、注意深くご判断いただくようお願いいたします。

In the main part of "The Little Mermaid" released on June 9th, if customers who are sensitive to light see it, it will cause various symptoms due to photosensitivity reactions such as photosensitivity seizures and epilepsy symptoms. Possible scenes (scenes with flashing lights, etc.) are included. Please note that sensitivity to light varies from person to person. Customers who are sensitive to light stimulation are requested to make careful judgments before watching.

8 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Looking like around 65-70% of Aladdin OD off the morning track, which is...fine, I guess? Relative to rest of Asia it's really not bad, though big "Pending legs" sign on this since it is Japan.

With how Disney+ has affected Disney's standing with theaters and audiences in Japan, I would consider that a win. 

17 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Looking like around 65-70% of Aladdin OD off the morning track, which is...fine, I guess? Relative to rest of Asia it's really not bad, though big "Pending legs" sign on this since it is Japan.

Going off how the other territories have performed, anything within striking distance of aladdin is a win. Means the country hasn't abandoned the movie and legging out is real possibility now. If this was dead on arrival it'll have stayed dead. No guarantees of course but this is fine for now.
Edited by ogkalu

Just now, Issac Newton said:

1.9 Yahoo!

2.5 Eiga

3.7 Filmarks

4.0 MW (expected)

12.1 points or equivalent to 60.5% RT in North America 

are any of these verified audience reviews ? Just wondering how seriously to take it

14 minutes ago, ogkalu said:
are any of these verified audience reviews ? Just wondering how seriously to take it

MW inflate score - The worst of worst can have 4.5 or above. Y! Often get clicked - OPR in last summer had poor ratings because of being Musical - Others are *fine*

And I maintain this grading for ¥10B Grossers.

Screenshot-2023-0609-141408.jpg

#1. Top Gun Maverick - 92.0% RT

#2. THE FIRST SLAM DUNK - 87.5% RT

#3. Bohemian Rhapsody - 86.0% RT

Aladdin is 6th with 84.5% RT

If everything is about verified or not, then how will I scale their WOM. I can't go on streets, and asked individual how they like? 

Edited by Issac Newton
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

MW inflate score - The worst of worst can have 4.5 or above. Y! Often get clicked - OPR in last summer had poor ratings because of being Musical - Others are *fine*

And I maintain this grading for ¥10B Grossers.

Screenshot-2023-0609-141408.jpg

#1. Top Gun Maverick - 92.0% RT

#2. THE FIRST SLAM DUNK - 87.5% RT

#3. Bohemian Rhapsody - 86.0% RT

Aladdin is 6th with 84.5% RT

If everything is about verified or not, then how will I scale their WOM. I can't go on streets, and asked individual how they like? 

Just asking. The movie's been review bombed in a lot of countries at this point. Japan might not be an exception. That's all i was getting at.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ogkalu said:

Just asking. The movie's been review bombed in a lot of countries at this point. Japan might not be an exception. That's all i was getting at.

I think we just need to wait and see the effect of genuine WOM spreading via friends, families, etc. Due to circumstances surrounding this movie, might be best not to take too much stock of its website ratings.

Edited by KP1025
  • Like 2

On 8/6/2022 at 8:22 AM, Issac Newton said:

ONE PIECE FILM RED 

4.4 -「Movie Walker

3.9 -「Filmarks

3.1 -「映画.com

2.7 -「Y! 映画

70.5% RT

Final Score - after all dust settles

4.3 -「Movie Walker

3.7 -「Y! 映画

3.6 -「Filmarks

2.9 -「映画.com

72.5% RT

19 minutes ago, ogkalu said:

Sorry If I had sounded rude. But, at this moment, I can't do anything about it. Good content drives the audiences - Hopefully expecting the same for this too

15 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Recent, Monster &WBC Documentary is doing quite well on Weekdays. Bunka says that Monster should break ¥1.5B Final.

They are holding up strong against their Opening Friday - within 25~30% Drop!

M3GAN doing good too. 72.5% RT (MW is damn too low 3.5 they will hopefully update later) Wonder what COMPs will go good for M3GAN. I have never seen any horror Imported Film

Post-CoVid-19 Horror Films 

¥347M Old

¥233M Conjuring III

¥180M Don't Breathe 2

¥99M Malignant 

¥67M Spiral (¥67.16M)

¥59M Candyman 

Still a partial list - I don't know how many make into the market

On 6/1/2023 at 11:15 AM, Issac Newton said:

Ticket Inflation up by ¥100 ~ ¥2000

From - 

06/01 - TOHO Cinemas 

06/16 - T-Joy / Shinjuku Wald 9 / Yokohama Burg 13 / Kagoshima Mitte 10 / Konosu Cinema

06/30 - MOVIX / SMT

07/07 - 109 Cinemas 

United Cinema / Cineplex - 07/14

I will check split later. Ticket Inflation is currently only on TOHO Cinemas. Rest are still at ¥1900 General. 

Just check WBC Documentary - confirming breakout like what 91% RT. Haven't seen any strong score since TGM Should be an increase for 2nd FSS if SAT Jump could dismiss 2nd FRI Minimal Drop

Not a big breakout for TLM, but I will take it. Legs will be interesting to follow, but at least it will avoid bomb territory like the rest of Asia. Saw some people thinking it could fall under $10 million in Japan too.