Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

Corpse says ATSV is likely to beat ITSVs OW on Friday alone

Looking around, I get the sense that Across the Spider-Verse might be preparing for a breakout, and could compete with the post-OT live-action films. I'll be surprised if Friday alone doesn't come in higher than the first film's OW. The first film didn't do well at the box-office in Japan, so I wish I could find home video and/or streaming and/or broadcast numbers for it to see if it caught on after it left theaters.

Seating is tight this weekend, so it might be a result of fewer showings/seating than a typical big release that makes it appear stronger than it might be... but it's looking quite good. It doesn't necessarily need a huge number of seats if it does ~50%+ capacity with what it has at key locations.

It is receiving the most seats (and showings) this weekend still though, just not a large amount due to the crowded market, so there might be a lower ceiling placed on the opening weekend. The Little Mermaid only in its second weekend, and since it opened well, it's keeping a good amount of seating. Flash is opening this weekend, too, and while it's only receiving the third highest amount of seats this weekend, it's enough to keep a solid amount from Spidey. And Mario is still doing well, not to mention a few other holdovers that are still doing enough business to hold onto a reasonable number of seats.

• Like 3

I Am What I Am (2021 Chinese Anime)

1st WKend - ¥5.43M (88 TC/94 SC)

2nd WKend- ¥2.99M (53 TC) ; decreased by 35 TC, lost 14 TC on FRI, 21 TC on SAT&SUN

3rd WKend - ¥3.16M (53 TC) +5.6% vs LW

3rd FRI up by 39.5% &3rd SUN drop by just 4.8%. 3rd MON had a steady hold at 13.1% Drop!

Total up to - ¥19,325,330 / 14,338 admits in 18-Days!

1 minute ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

I know Japan only has 2-day weekends, so what's the difference between OP and OW?

I use OP for SAT&SUN and OW for FSS (FRI-SAT-SUN)

Yes, we did have 2-Days WKend but now starting from 2023, FRI is included in Weekend Frame (Quite annoying when FRI still behaves like Weekday)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

MON-WED. FRI just started 

Thanks. Sorry just need to clear something up. Do you mean TLM's total gross by Wed would be about 7M+ ? Or that Mon-Wed alone is 7M.

Edited by ogkalu

2 minutes ago, ogkalu said:

Thanks. Sorry just need to clear something up. Do you mean TLM's total gross by Wed would be about 7M+ ? Or that Mon-Wed alone is 7M (That would be great). 

Oh my bad, I meant $2.0M+ Weekdays (i.e. MON-WED) // Total up to $7.0M+ until WED

3 hours ago, Claudio said:

Any OW predictions for ATSV and Flash here in $? 

Couple people on WorldOfKJ who track the Japanese market are predicting that it looks good so far. Corpse on there says ¥500 million (3-day) [$3.5M] looks like the minimum and JustLurking said ¥600M-¥700M (3-day) seems like a decent range [4.2M-5M].

• Like 2

It's like Endgame for Tokyo Revengers. 

"On June 16th, 2023, Kento Nagayama was arrested for suspicion of violating the Cannabis Control Law in his apartment in Meguro. According to early reports, investigators from the Metropolitan Police Department stepped into his residence on June 15th, concluding with Nagayama's arrest after midnight on the 16th for possession of marijuana."

6 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

09:00 START

3,564 - Flash

3,237 - ATSV

807 - TLM

Flash ~ ATSV are going even. ATSV should win the day. 

TLM was off by 87% Drop on 2nd FRI

Does this mean TLM only did $150-200k on its 2nd Friday? Even though it was doing $700-800k avg per weekday (if it got to $7M+ by Wed that is). 

Hard to decipher any info from the data you posted. 

Just now, ando said:

Hard to decipher any info from the data you posted. 

I meant it's drop 87% on 2nd FRI 09:00 Start compared to 09:00 Start of Opening FRI

With live counts update at every 20 mins Drops are getting better. 

Like 15:49 Update says TLM is running 55% behind Opening FRI at same frame (Morning Shows were says 87% behind Opening FRI, but afternoon shows held strong)

• Like 1