Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

7 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

+9.3M views. Top Trends are -

1. #バービー (46K Tweets/3rd)

2. #NoBarbenheimer (47K Tweets/11th)

3. #オッペンハイマー (20K Tweets/18th)

Barbie Japan replied saying the essentially saying US Barbie account replying to the fan made poster was uncalled for. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Warner Bros's Press Release (Barbie)

F2-Wtcjdb-YAEu2-IA.jpg

Hide contents

About SNS posting of the movie "Barbie"

Currently, I recommend watching both the movie "Barbie" (Distributor: Warner Bros.) and the movie "OPPENHEIMER" (Distributor: Universal Pictures), both released in the United States on July 21. There is an overseas fan movement (#Barbenheimer), but this movement and activity is not official.

On the other hand, we consider it extremely regrettable that the official account of the American headquarters for the movie "Barbie" reacted to the social media postings of fans caused by this movement, and we take this situation very seriously, we are asking the US headquarters to take appropriate action.

We apologize to those who were offended by this series of inconsiderate reactions.

Warner Bros. Japan 

Curious that they "recommend" Japanese people watch both Oppenheimer and Barbie when Oppenheimer is neither produced by WB nor has a release date scheduled for Japan.

8 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Curious that they "recommend" Japanese people watch both Oppenheimer and Barbie when Oppenheimer is neither produced by WB nor has a release date scheduled for Japan.

Probably a Marketing Strategy - so People won't curse them for apologising only because Barbie is coming in less than 2-weeks 11.08.2023. Or Maybe Rival Studio believe Oppenheimer is making into Fall?!

Anyways, Warner Bros did good by clearing their stand on Internet Sensation "#Barbenheimer"

6 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Probably a Marketing Strategy - so People won't curse them for apologising only because Barbie is coming in less than 2-weeks 11.08.2023. Or Maybe Rival Studio believe Oppenheimer is making into Fall?!

Anyways, Warner Bros did good by clearing their stand on Internet Sensation "#Barbenheimer"

Seems like it was only the WB JP account that apologised though. Reading through the comments it seems a lot of people weren't upset by them but by the US social media account and want a response from them instead.

8 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Seems like it was only the WB JP account that apologised though. Reading through the comments it seems a lot of people weren't upset by them but by the US social media account and want a response from them instead.

I don't think US Headquarters will respond. This is an interesting development because if US Account response, criticism will be coming more stronger in Overseas than Japan.

• Like 1

People overseas won't be outraged regardless, they are the one who made the memes to begin with lmao. Truthfully i find the whole outrage rather stale, neither film makes fun of the bombing and the posters (which were made by fans!!) weren't even made in a mean-spirited way and we all know it, pretending like it was ok before but now that the account acknowledged the phenomenom exists it's bad is just hypocritical, it was either always bad or it's not

Don't mean to dismiss the outrage but it seems rather weird to me to hold the pr account for something the fans did just because they interacted with them, and I don't think any of the fans was trying to make fun of JP's bombings either; it was just the most distinguishable trait they could've used to make the posters

But generally speaking twitter users really love getting mad about things so I just tend to move on whenever things like these happen, if Barbie gets boycotted in Japan so be it and if it doesn't all the more reason to ignore twitter

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

The article doubt the zero marketing strategy and attributing the bad hold to two factors.

1. Divisive word of mouth

2. Lack of family appeal.  

If the trend continue, 10bn yen is hopeless.

10B has gone one weeks ago

Edited by Sophia Jane

25 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

The article doubt the zero marketing strategy and attributing the bad hold to two factors.

1. Divisive word of mouth

2. Lack of family appeal.  

If the trend continue, 10bn yen is hopeless.

It's kind of too late to change the narrative especially because other movies are coming up

THE FIRST SLAM DUNK

- ¥54,378,610 / ¥14,328,704,370

- ¥69,824,810 / ¥14,436,078,140

- ¥45,930,400 / ¥14,531,524,120

- ¥34,477,320 / ¥14,590,493,050

- ¥56,546,890 / ¥14,667,421,680

- ¥27,772,940 / ¥14,716,035,840

- ¥35,402,540 / ¥14,822,790,950

- ¥34,379,150 / ¥14,765,378,850

- ¥35,402,540 / ¥14,822,790,950

- ¥45,566,770 / ¥14,900,403,870

- ¥37,075,720 / ¥14,973,409,610

I am keeping this on track -

• Like 1

Hmm I noticed with The Little Mermaid remake the subtitled shows were popular.

Seems to be happening with Elemental? I see the listings in Toho Shinjuku is half sub half dub. Shibuya is all sub. Nihonbashi is mostly sub. Roppongi Hills is also mostly sub. Is this just for the cinemas in Tokyo, though? I wonder. Kind of weird for all the emphasis the marketing played with the dub voice actors.

• Like 1

Warner Bros Press Release (Japan)

UPDATE: MON JULY 31 @ 10.59 PM PST: Warner Bros U.S. has responded to the criticism it has received from its own studio branch in Japan and from many on social media over Tweets responding to Barbenheimer memes featuring atom bomb images.

The Warner Bros. Film Group sent us the following statement: “Warner Brothers regrets its recent insensitive social media engagement. The studio offers a sincere apology.”  

We understand the offending tweets are being deleted.

• Like 1

To-night, we will know about the shows/schedule more as PS started on every chain. Independent Chain are releasing the schedule - Checking Cinema Sunshine - priorities only Dub Shows, OS Cinemas - Dub Shows, Cinema City - 3 Sub &2 Dub. Allotment seems fine for me. I would say Elemental not gonner be PS Heavy but eagerly be waiting to look into SAT Jump!

• Like 1