Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

2 minutes ago, todos said:

Wow. What did DM4 have OD? That made $4M+ for the 5 day. 

Despicable Me 4 had a 45,729 mimorin count for its OD.

But its Saturday and Sunday after that was 85,094 and 98,557. So those are some benchmarks for the days ahead for Inside Out 2.

Also today was a discount day so I might have overestimated the yen total.

11 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Today? 80,000 mimorin, just doing a rudimentary conversion that's 215 million yen for Inside Out 2 today. Or $1.43 million.

75k => 150k (could be a bit worse depending on rurals since it is hollywood) and not too sure what atp should look like today but being the 1st I wouldn't expect much more than 1300

somewhere like 190 to 200 IMO, not that they'll report

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Despicable Me 4 had a 45,729 mimorin count for its OD.

But its Saturday and Sunday after that was 85,094 and 98,557. So those are some benchmarks for the days ahead for Inside Out 2.

Also today was a discount day so I might have overestimated the yen total.

Thank you. To be clear, I wasn’t  giving you a hard time earlier when I saw the lowballs haha.

It’s just that in the web dungeons of twitter, instagram where I reside this movie has a lot of high school girls going crazy for it OD and that didn’t match the tone and earlier gloom of this board.

Glad the numbers showed it though. 

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

Today? 80,000 mimorin, just doing a rudimentary conversion that's 215 million yen for Inside Out 2 today. Or $1.43 million.

Luiz is backing you up. $1.5M OD 2nd biggest post COVID for animations just under Mario $2.1M 

• Like 1

That number seems pretty strong (64% of Elemental’s OW), next 3 days maybe 140-270-270 so 895 by Sunday. Then let’s say 6.5-7.5x legs (lower than Elemental since I think there will be more competition) would give it between 5.8-6.7B. Maybe I’m estimating wrong but it sounds very good

4 minutes ago, Flip said:

That number seems pretty strong (64% of Elemental’s OW), next 3 days maybe 140-270-270 so 895 by Sunday. Then let’s say 6.5-7.5x legs (lower than Elemental since I think there will be more competition) would give it between 5.8-6.7B. Maybe I’m estimating wrong but it sounds very good

I don't think you should incorporate today, Thursday, as part of the OW as far as mulipliers go because that just adds another day into the equation. Giving Inside Out 2 4 days for its OW when Elemental only had 3.

So the real OW we might be looking at is more like 650 million Yen. I think 6x or 7x is believable legs, yes, so I think Inside Out 2 might be in the 4 billion to 5 billion yen range at the end of his run, though I think that might be optimistic.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Flip said:

Last time we had 1st on thu and 2nd on fri (w/ an opener on fri) admits dropped in the 30-40% area for everything, guess IO2 will go similar, but atp will rise a bit, so fri in 140-150 area sounds good IMO.

I think your sat and sun are too optimistic though, even DM4 did not jump that much last week and that would definitely skew more weekend than IO2.

10 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

86K Tracked Data for Inside Out II 

Below Deadpool 3 - 97K (Official OD - ¥194.53M / 132,870 admits)

Waiting for Mr. Taroi Estimates

wait is AEON only 11k? that seems really low for the chain.

Edited by JustLurking

3 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

wait is AEON only 11k? that seems really low for the chain.

I assumed the 97K referred to Deadpool 3... so that might be even lower numbers from AEON?

yeah I'm seeing 6,634 tickets from AEON on that Rakuten blog.

Edited by cannastop
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

I assumed the 97K referred to Deadpool 3... so that might be even lower numbers from AEON?

I mean he said 86k tracked and mimorin has 75k. I didn't check AEON but I would assume that means 11k AEON which seems really low. A lot of AEON locations are in shopping centers so I would think they play well for this kind of film.

Unless the AEON blog has lost locations as well and so only tracks a small amount now which would make sense.

Edited by JustLurking

5 minutes ago, cannastop said:

yeah I'm seeing 6,634 tickets from AEON on that Rakuten blog.

wtf.

I remember AEON as being 15-20% of the market a few years ago. Did the chain just fall off a cliff. 6.6k admits when the blogger has it on 200k+ seats seem way too low and not in line with mimorin.

EDIT: just checked and the 6.6k is from 11AM.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JustLurking said:

I mean he said 86k tracked and mimorin has 75k.

It's "She" btw

AEON Tracking was down by @11:40. 

Cinema Sunshine (15 TC)

3,167 / 19,862 | Inside Out II (90 Shows)

2,029 / 11,558 | Despicable Me 4 (61 Shows)

Not much difference at CS though 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

It's "She" btw

AEON Tracking was down by @11:40. 

Cinema Sunshine (15 TC)

3,167 / 19,862 | Inside Out II (90 Shows)

2,029 / 11,558 | Despicable Me 4 (61 Shows)

Not much difference at CS though 

Sorry. Will try to keep it in mind.

• Like 1

Screenshot-2024-0802-022116.jpg

Heron - ¥9.40B (+¥60M)

Godzilla -1.0 - ¥7.65B (+¥50M)

Doraemon 2024 - ¥4.27B (+¥50M)

Spy x Family - ¥6.32B (+¥50M)

Strange House - ¥50.5M (+¥30M)

Change from Last Update in Bracket 

Can't believe Kamuy was at the corner for ¥3.0B (¥2.99B). DS WT did terrible - ¥2.31B

Godzilla x Kong - ¥1.71B (below ¥1.9B of GvK)

Edited by Issac Newton
  • Like 1