Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

*1 *32984 ズートピア (Zootopia)
 *2 *30236 名探偵コナン2016 純黒の… (Detective Conan 2016)
 *3 *25765 シビル・ウォー キャプテン・… (Captain America 3)

Zootopia widens its lead. It's not looking encouraging for Captain America 3. Detective Conan might make it to 1st place by midnight.

1 minute ago, Olive said:

Don't worry, CW3 ticket price will be much higher than other 2

I know that. Still, that's a pretty big attendance gap, and this is the first full day of Captain America 3 in theaters. And I'm rooting for Zootopia anyways.

*1 *51105 ズートピア (Zootopia)
 *2 *48371 名探偵コナン2016 純黒の… (Detective Conan 2016)
 *3 *44813 シビル・ウォー キャプテン・… (Captain America 3)

Pretty decisive lead for Zootopia. The very late showings of Conan might still put it in 1st, though.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

@No Prisoners

What numbers are those? And what does GW stand for?

I pasted wrong numbers. Disregard

Golden Week, a few holidays spread over 8 days. Will affect this and next weekend and some weekdays.

Today is a holiday. Numbers will be like a Saturday.  The 5th is children's day. Will be huge for zoo.

2 years ago frozen had its biggest day on children's day. It was $5 or 6m  10 weeks into its run

Edited by No Prisoners

1 minute ago, No Prisoners said:

I pasted wrong numbers. Disregard

Golden Week, a few holidays spread over 8 days. Will affect this and next weekend and some weekdays.

Today is a holiday. Numbers will be like a Saturday.  The 6th is children's day. Will be huge for zoo. 

I've also noticed that Toho Cinemas offers a huge discount on the first of the month. People are already buying out theaters for Sunday, May 1. I don't know if other movie theaters do this.

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I've also noticed that Toho Cinemas offers a huge discount on the first of the month. People are already buying out theaters for Sunday, May 1. I don't know if other movie theaters do this.

I think 1st of month is all cinemas 1100¥ 

14th is toho if I recall correctly

Golden Week

The Golden Week is a collection of four national holidays within seven days. In combination with well placed weekends, the Golden Week becomes one of Japan's three busiest holiday seasons, besides New Year and the Obon week.

Trainsairports and sightseeing spots get very crowded during Golden Week, and accommodationin tourist areas can get booked out well in advance.

The national holidays making up the Golden Week are:

• April 29 
    Showa Day (Showa no hi)
    April 29 is the birthday of former Emperor Showa, who died in the year 1989. Until 2006, Greenery Day (see May 4) used to be celebrated on this day.

• May 3 
    Constitution Day (Kenpo kinenbi)
    On this day in 1947, the new postwar constitution was put into effect.

• May 4 
    Greenery Day (Midori no hi)
    Until 2006, Greenery Day used to be celebrated on April 29, the birthday of former Emperor Showa. The day is dedicated to the environment andnature, because the emperor loved plants and nature. Before being declared Greenery Day, May 4 used to be a national holiday due to a law, which declares a day, that falls between two national holidays, a national holiday.

• May 5 
    Children's Day (Kodomo no hi)
    The Boy's Festival (Tango no Sekku) is celebrated on this day. Families pray for the health and future success of their sons by hanging up carp streamers and displaying samurai dolls, both symbolizing strength, power and success in life. The Girl's Festival is celebrated on March 3.

Golden Week 2016

In 2016, the weekends are placed in a way to create two 3-day holiday periods and a regular weekend, each separated by single regular weekdays. Travel activity is anticipated to peak on April 29 and May 3 with people leaving the large urban centers (especially Tokyo) and on May 1, 5 and 8 in the opposite direction.

*1 *67864 ズートピア (Zootopia)
 *2 *63266 名探偵コナン2016 純黒の… (Detective Conan 2016)
 *3 *48436 シビル・ウォー キャプテン・… (Captain America 3)

Zootopia is really breaking out. Looks like Captain America 3 is lagging.

And dammit, I knew what Golden Week was. Maybe I should start thinking in acronyms.

7 minutes ago, cannastop said:
 *1 *67864 ズートピア (Zootopia)
 *2 *63266 名探偵コナン2016 純黒の… (Detective Conan 2016)
 *3 *48436 シビル・ウォー キャプテン・… (Captain America 3)

Zootopia is really breaking out. Looks like Captain America 3 is lagging.

And dammit, I knew what Golden Week was. Maybe I should start thinking in acronyms.

You have too on this site. Its all acronyms;)

6 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

It's shaping up to be an $8m+  3 day weekend

Should match that m-f

And close to 4m next weekend

$25m+ total by next Sunday

$40m looking good for 10 x OW

Beyond that remains to be seen

Have you looked at the Toho listings? Zootopia is going to be totally sold out on Sunday in Tokyo.