Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

Have you looked at the Toho listings? Zootopia is going to be totally sold out on Sunday in Tokyo.

I just put down those numbers as baselines. Could be more hence the +, need to see how string the evenings play.

God forbid I over shoot. I never here the end of it. :ohmyzod:

Edited by No Prisoners
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, zackzack said:

Can Captain America co-exist with Zootopia?

5 movies can co-exist in japan. 

The Top 3  are all doing fine

Yen spiked 4% yesterday against the dollar.

That will add 2m to the rest of zoo's run. Inching a tad more closer to $1B.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Quigley said:

Exciting numbers for all three. Could someone give an estimate of the dollar gross for Friday (or a range)?

$2.4 to 2.7m depending how evening finishes ant ticket price

As of 20:35

Adm/UL x TixPr/XR

Conan  123,845/.63 x 1350 /107.09=$2.478m

Zoo       118,402/.63 x 1350/107.09=$2.369m

CA3       112,100/.63 x 1550/107.09=$2.575m

Edited by No Prisoners
  • Like 2

Do Japanese people not watch movies in the evening? If those numbers are in real-time, it feels like almost all of the increases are in the daytime; the admissions for the three movies were already around 100,000 by 5pm local time. Or maybe movie tickets have to be purchased several hours in advance?

17 minutes ago, LMAbacus said:

Do Japanese people not watch movies in the evening? If those numbers are in real-time, it feels like almost all of the increases are in the daytime; the admissions for the three movies were already around 100,000 by 5pm local time. Or maybe movie tickets have to be purchased several hours in advance?

Well, there aren't a lot of scheduled times at 10 at night or later.

Although it's a bit different for Golden Week. They even have showings at 3 in the morning.

14 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Well, there aren't a lot of scheduled times at 10 at night or later.

Although it's a bit different for Golden Week. They even have showings at 3 in the morning.

I'm comparing it to Maoyan's numbers for the Chinese market. There, family movies like Zootopia start weekdays extremely slowly, then pick up strength in the afternoons and evenings when adults get off work and kids get off school. I feel like that should be the case in every country.

Just now, LMAbacus said:

I'm comparing it to Maoyan's numbers for the Chinese market. There, family movies like Zootopia start weekdays extremely slowly, then pick up strength in the afternoons and evenings when adults get off work and kids get off school. I feel like that should be the case in every country.

This Friday was a holiday.

Daily for Zootopia

20uopcg.png

For comparison in 2015's first day of GW Cinderella had around 210K adm (adjusted at UL 63%) while in 2014 the " You-Know-Who" movie, that was in day 47, collected 260k adm UL-adjusted  (5,6M$). 

Edited by edroger3

5 hours ago, No Prisoners said:

$2.4 to 2.7m depending how evening finishes ant ticket price

As of 20:35

Adm/UL x TixPr/XR

Conan  123,845/.63 x 1350 /107.09=$2.478m

Zoo       118,402/.63 x 1350/107.09=$2.369m

CA3       112,100/.63 x 1550/107.09=$2.575m

Conan 126,942/0.635 x 1300/107.09 =$2.427m

Zoo 120,416/0.641 x 1350/107.09 = $2.368m

CA3 124,955/0.679 X 1550/107.9 = $2.6436m

I updated with the new numbers, the correct Conan price and I used the percentages the seats represent for each movie based on the seating/showtime numbers :

http://mimorin2014.blog.fc2.com/page-2.html

All three movies should fall on Saturday. CW probably the hardest since the rush factor, even in Japan, will have been bigger for it today compared to Zootopia and Conan.

Edited by Cynosure
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, LMAbacus said:

The Japanese get off work pretty late during the week. Most weekdays are driven by women (40% of japanese women don't work) who go see movies during the day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cannastop said:

This Friday was a holiday.

It was acting the same on the other weekdays too.

2 hours ago, Cynosure said:

The Japanese get off work pretty late during the week. Most weekdays are driven by women (40% of japanese women don't work) who go see movies during the day.

Ah, I see. What about children (i.e. under age 18)? Do they typically only watch movies during the weekends? And is Conan's strength later in the day because it has more showings in the afternoon or because it's more male-oriented and gets more of the after-work male demographic?