• POTC: Dead Mans Chest
    • Alice in Wonderland
    • POTC: On Stranger Tides
    • LOTR 3
    • Transformers 3
    • Titanic
    • Toy Story 3
    • Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2

I mean seriously Noctis, you consider ROTS the best Star Wars film. Clearly you're in the minority opinion on a lot of things. You've given no real evidence to support your statement here. All they are are words on a message board. Just you saying Titanic is one of the most beloved films of all time. Well anyone can say anything anywhere.

I mean seriously Noctis, you consider ROTS the best Star Wars film. Clearly you're in the minority opinion on a lot of things. You've given no real evidence to support your statement here. All they are are words on a message board. Just you saying Titanic is one of the most beloved films of all time. Well anyone can say anything anywhere.

Yes, I do. It has some of the worst dialogue, but it is incredibly entertaining and the mythology of the universe was captivating. Unlike you, I'm not a virgin sheep that follows what other people say just because it's more popular. I don't care if I have an unpopular opinion. We all like films the majority don't (and vice versa). We have given you enough reasons from box office, VHS sales, the movie's astounding legs, real life examples (from actual women), and how it's been on endless amounts of lists (where is RoTK on the AFV list?).

The thing is, ask the majority of people if they LIKE Titanic or not and you'll get one of the biggest majorities around saying they like it. Most of them would gladly watch it again, hence the massive VHS and DVD sales that it had, which is actually a more accurate factor as to whether a film was liked or not. Compare this to ROTK which sold less than TTT and FOTR did. What Movieman doesn't take into account is young men that used to be like me aka hating Titanic because it was the bandwagon thing to do when I actually kinda liked it. The film is in no way dispised by young men at all, when I went to see the 3D release with my girlfriend there were plenty of guys with their other halves that didn't look as if they'd rather be parked infront of Call of Duty instead. 3 weeks ago I my mates decided to finish a night out by going to see Titanic, thats 4 guys aged 20/21. Obviously my small corner of the world is no basis for the rest of the world, but saying it isn't beloved and is hated by young men is rather ludicrous.

• Like 1

Let's not forget how awful Elijah Wood was in the films. Plus, why the fuck did Peter Jackson hire someone with so little charisma? To make matters even worse, his nails were awfully bitten (huge pet peeve of mine).

Posted Image

Funny you'd think one of the greatest films of all time could avoid such a monumental flaw.

Oh well, guess not.

Look at it. There was no way there could be room for two, or else one would topple over. Also, he was never going to survive either way.

Anyway...

Posted Image

• Like 2

Yes, I do. It has some of the worst dialogue, but it is incredibly entertaining and the mythology of the universe was captivating. Unlike you, I'm not a virgin sheep that follows what other people say just because it's more popular. I don't care if I have an unpopular opinion. We all like films the majority don't (and vice versa). We have given you enough reasons from box office, VHS sales, the movie's astounding legs, real life examples (from actual women), and how it's been on endless amounts of lists (where is RoTK on the AFV list?).

It's truly sad and pathetic that you confuse having great taste with being a sheep. Your loss I guess.If we're getting into lists and awards we all know which one comes out on top there, so let's not even waste the time. And lol at your "real life examples". Their as relevant as my real life examples (including actual women!), which I also gave you.
  • Like 1

It's truly sad and pathetic that you confuse having great taste with being a sheep. Your loss I guess.If we're getting into lists and awards we all know which one comes out on top there, so let's not even waste the time. And lol at your "real life examples". Their as relevant as my real life examples (including actual women!), which I also gave you.

Yeah, Titanic wins.Eagles...eagles...eagles...eagles...

Gotta side with Michael Schumacher on this. I think a big part of the backlash against Titanic is due to the fact that its trendy to hate on it. But like Cameron himself said, all those people who watched it and re-watched it weren't all 14 year old girls.

• Like 1