• Alice in Wonderland
    • POTC: On Stranger Tides
    • LOTR 3
    • Transformers 3
    • Titanic
    • Toy Story 3
    • Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2

LOL Alice in Mediocreland still has zero votes. :D

What an utter disappointment that piece of shit is.I remember when the concept art came out, how cool it looked, how pumped I was that Burton/Depp were going to put this dark, freaky twist on the story. The cartoon itself is a trip.And instead we get this... I don't even know what to call it. Abomination? All of that poor attempt at comedy, the kiddie aimed nature of it, the DANCING. What. The. Fuck?
  • Like 3

I really don't understand the Titanic hate. People need to explain that to me.Here is why I love it:1. The Score (not Celine Deion's song, that's crap).2. The magestic shots.3. The dialogue and the way it is delivered with such emotion.4. The fact that this actually happened (the boat sinking and people dying, not the false love story).5. The chemistry that DiCaprio and Winslet had actually makes you think that they did, in fact, fall in love so when Jack dies in the water, you are saddened.I mean, yeah, it is long and the first 30 minutes or so aren't really necessary and some of the things Rose does are really dumb (like jumping off the life boat back onto Titanic). But once you get pass all of that, it is really a romantic disaster drama. I just can watch it anytime. It is one of the purest movies I've ever seen and one that will, in my opinion, live on well longer than most of the movies on this list.So, again, just tell me what you hate about it, because I just don't understand.

• Like 2

DMC

10/10

A+

the perfect blockbuster; funny, Jack Sparrow, with a great villain, exellent cast, fun plot, awesome soundtrack, ALL IS SO GOOD IN THIS MOVIE!

DH2

9/10

A

Some scenes was bit underwhelming, but in general a exellent movie, extreme emotional for me.

TDK

A-

9/10

This Joker is the best villain of the story of cinema (yes, Darth Vader). The movie is thrilling and smart, never stops.

TS3

A-

9/10

yes, the last scenes led me to tears but overall isn't as good as I expected (damn you expectations and Rotten Tomatoes). Is beautiful, have a heart and characters that I love.

ROTK

A-

9/10

I don't remember much of this movie, but I don't remember a movie I was "praying" so much for the character at the end (maybe DMTH)

B+

8/10

equal case of DMC, but this is epic too.

But I don't like the idea of primitive indians winning a war against our own species, and the movie boasting about this.

Titanic

B+

8/10

Romance doesn't attract me, so even if some parts are not good I don't feel interested. Besides, this is great is almost everything, the scene of the ship siking is EPIC but the begining is a bit overlong

TA

B

7/10

with good actors, awesome especial effects and above average director, The Avengers is the right-fun movie but the story is lackluster, without emotional attachment and the soundtrack is lacking some strong theme (and the rest too)

TPM

B-

7/10

I don't hate this movie like some folks here (I'm not big fan of SW). Its a fun ride: forgettable, only will be remembered because of the Star Wars brand

AIW

C+

6/10

This is a tricky one

the movie is not bad nor good. Didn't do anything right, but not done anything wrong.

I just feel that the story is missing something to captivate me. I don't cared about alice's character and Johnny Deep performace is pretty much the same as Jack Sparrow

OST

F

4/10

I hate Garry Marshall to do the first real bad (very bad actually) of the franchise. The rating is four only because of the acting, the climax and to some extent the soundtrack. Even the visual went downhill....

Gore Verbinski I miss you

DOTM

D

3/10

After Michael Bay admitted that he go to the wrong way in the second movie, I was hopeful to receive from this third movie, the same fun that I received from the first

Oohh my... Shiit, this stinks

The movie is getting worse every time I watch, is very much like Transformers 2 and has almost the same mistakes.

Is very long, unnecessary scenes and the story should be more cleaner and simpler.

DREAM MOVIE: if a good director took TF for him and Michael Bay was the director of second unit, where he ONY direct the action

Edited by Goffe Rises

Just to settle the argument that Titanic is not widely considered one of the best films by either critics or audiences:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_considered_the_best

Not mentioned once, and there's oodles of sources on that page so don't give me that "that's just wikipedia!" nonsesne. LOTR and ROTK however are mentioned many times in both the critical and audience sections. Here's the paragraph about LOTR in the audience section:

The Lord of the Rings trilogy (2001–2003) was voted the most popular film of all time by an audience poll for the Australian television special My Favourite Film and by a poll cast by 120,000 German voters for the TV special "Die besten Filme aller Zeiten" (German "The best films of all time").Its first film, The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001), was the pick of readers in a poll by Empire magazine in November 2004. The third film, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, was voted the best movie of all time by Yahoo movies and Movies.com's annual reader's poll in 2006 and 2007.

The defense rests.

Just to settle the argument that Titanic is not widely considered one of the best films by either critics or audiences:

http://en.wikipedia....idered_the_best

Not mentioned once, and there's oodles of sources on that page so don't give me that "that's just wikipedia!" nonsesne. LOTR and ROTK however are mentioned many times in both the critical and audience sections. Here's the paragraph about LOTR in the audience section:

The Lord of the Rings trilogy (2001–2003) was voted the most popular film of all time by an audience poll for the Australian television special My Favourite Film and by a poll cast by 120,000 German voters for the TV special "Die besten Filme aller Zeiten" (German "The best films of all time").Its first film, The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001), was the pick of readers in a poll by Empire magazine in November 2004. The third film, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, was voted the best movie of all time by Yahoo movies and Movies.com's annual reader's poll in 2006 and 2007.

The defense rests.

LOL sorry but in my eyes Titanic is the best. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. :lol:

LOL sorry but in my eyes Titanic is the best. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. :lol:

That's perfectly fine. I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion here, everyone's entitled to that. I'm merely trying to disprove the false claim that Titanic is the most beloved film of all time, which is simply not true. I've never even seen evidence supporting it as one of the most beloved of all time.

That's perfectly fine. I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion here, everyone's entitled to that. I'm merely trying to disprove the false claim that Titanic is the most beloved film of all time, which is simply not true. I've never even seen evidence supporting it as one of the most beloved of all time.

A lot of people that love Titanic don't even vote in internet polls. So it will be hard to guage how much it's loved unless you conducted a census like survey.
  • Like 2

That song is beautiful and it went perfectly with the movie. They just played it so much and Celine sang it everywhere that it became sickening. I think they even stopped doing movie theme songs after that, lol.

That song is beautiful and it went perfectly with the movie. They just played it so much and Celine sang it everywhere that it became sickening.

Yeah I agree. I still remember how the song was played literally everywhere in China in 1998. Even in a goddamn book store they were playing it. Even I know it was a great song, it really became, like you said, a little sickening, whenever I heard it. Edited by vc2002