filmscholar

BAD BOYS FOR LIF3 | Jan 17 2020 | IT'S OFFICIAL: #1 DOMESTIC 2020

Will Smith & Martin Lawrence Admit 'Bad Boys For Life' Took Long Because  'The Script Wasn't Right' | Martin Lawrence, Will Smith | Just Jared

2020 will definitely be a year to remember.  Month #8 and Still On Top Worldwide and Domestic but China's "The Eight Hundred" is closing in.  "Bad Boys For Life" would have to maintain for the next 3 1/2 months to win the Year overall but Domestic is looking pretty locked up.  "Tenet" doesn't look to match the 204 Domestic so "Bond", "Dune" "Black Widow" and "Wonder Woman" would be the only shots domestically to win.  Sadly I just don't see any blockbuster doing well in 2020.   I expect all  of those films to eventually move to 2021.   Sony recently came out and said "Bad Boys for Life" has been a smash on streaming and home video as well.  Will also announced a "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" Reunion is on the way on HBO Max for Thanksgiving time.  

16 hours ago, tree said:

c4915e4e4f044b47d68cefd547285c69.png458c339172c17baf2bc5cc10af2b05e6.png

This shows you that life is unpredictable and that nothing is really certain.  Nobody would of predicted this.  Nobody also knew the box office would take a huge hit like this out of nowhere after a great year in 2019.  What's crazy is last year had so many hit movies.  It was like week after week blockbuster after blockbuster.  It was crazy.   Well we will have to regroup and find a new way.  "Tenet" finishing Top 10 worldwide for the year opening within the Pandemic isn't bad at all.   Yes the domestic numbers aren't hot but I feel it was in an uphill battle to begin with.   RDJ and "Dolittle" getting the last laugh with a Top 5 finish, lol.   Also "The Eight Hundred" is doing gangbusters it in China.  

Edited by filmscholar

Well that's it.  "Bad Boys For Life" maintains the Domestic Crown for 2020.  Sony dethrones Disney's reign for the last several years.  It slipped to #3 Worldwide after Two Chinese releases came through.   It's been a wild and unique year.  When I started this thread 8 years ago I knew this film could be a successful sequel.   Who would of thought it would come out on #1.  The Pandemic changed a lot of our lives this year.   Movies are no different.   I'm happy Bad Boys was able to find success in this wild year.   Bad Boys for life also is the lowest Domestic Winner since 1995's "Batman Forever".   Ironically the original "Bad Boys" came out that same year.   Everything came full circle.  

Bad Boys for Life on Moviebuff.com

1995:  "Batman Forever"  #1 184 Domestic

2020:  "Bad Boys For Life" #1  204 Domestic

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 3

Finally saw this on STARZ, thanks to Amazon Prime having a $.99 subscription offer.

I was worried when it came out. Initial feedback before Covid shut down the world seemed audiences were loving it.

Conclusion: Worth the hype!

Grade: A-

Now...Bad Boys 4???