Biggestgeekever

4 day Actuals pg 62+; MIB3 69.25m TA 47.22m

Okay we got Nikki's numbers. Her numbers 18-20 is right there with Variety's 19.5.She has 9.5 for Avengers. I guess we'll just have to see who's closer in the morning.

Whisper budget? How high is that? Wiki page says $215m.

Nikki's article says rival studios peg the actual budget at around $300m, whereas Sony claims the original shooting budget of $215m never changed. Edited by Telemachos

If that whisper budget for MIB3 is anywhere close to being right then Sony's in trouble even with a $20m OD.

Which would actually be a first for Sony; for the past few years, Sony's been able to be a model of efficiency: controlling the budgets to $100M or below and guaranteeing themselves a profit. But then again you didn't have to deal with a film that DIDN'T HAVE A DANG SCRIPT DONE.

Nikki's article says rival studios peg the actual budget at around $300m, whereas Sony claims the original shooting budget of $215m never changed.

i can't wrap my head around these numbers. you could feed a small country with that much money. lol

But rival studios tell me that “despite great tracking internationally, their midweek openings in Australia, France, Korea, and Germany are mostly behind Battleship or John Carter. Weird.” Those are two comps which no studio wants to hear in the same sentence with its summer blockbuster.

Posted Image

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 1

Rth generally has a way better understanding of where things sit hours before she does.

He does, but Rth overestimated TA's Friday last week and Nikki hit it dead on. I agree that Rth is the more reliable source, but he did post well before her, which means there's more room for error.

Whisper budget? How high is that? Wiki page says $215m.

VERY high. They went bonkers with the reshoots and rewritings and delays of this one. The rumored budget is close to $300m, $285m if memory serves me well, way bigger than The Avengers. And we're not talking about marketing here.

I hope this year serves as the beginning of the end for films that have NO REASON to be $200M+/$250M+. Not everything's going to be Avatar y'all...

That's a lesson they could've learned years ago.

But rival studios tell me that “despite great tracking internationally, their midweek openings in Australia, France, Korea, and Germany are mostly behind Battleship or John Carter. Weird.” Those are two comps which no studio wants to hear in the same sentence with its summer blockbuster.

LOL I read that.