Biggestgeekever

4 day Actuals pg 62+; MIB3 69.25m TA 47.22m

I was thinking maybe Luke Cage

Too bad he can't act. I was just thinking about his size as Hulk where he grunts and moans, lol. Not Bruce Banner with speaking parts.

Official Disney estimates have Avengers doing 10.6 mill domestic on Monday and 3.2 mill internationally.Total is now 1.3 billhttp://www.boxoffice.com/latest-news/2012-05-04-the-avengers-grabs-187-million-from-midnight-shows

So, TA passes TDK domestically (9M+ away) a day or two earlier than it passes HP DH2 WW? (23M+ away) Edited by tidbit

My thing is with MIB3 being the only film to gross more than 40 Million OW outside TA and all it's star power could only get 55 million this weekend. I don't know if that's a good sign for Snow White or Prometheus as both could very well end up under that number.

Someone going full retard and getting lucky only happens like once every 3-5 years...ala Kal with Avatar and BKB with Avengers. The odds of that happening again a couple months later with ijacksparrow and $400m+ for TASM are slim to none, it's not happening.

:worthy: :worthy:Gotta love the term "full retard". Best thing to come out of Tropic Thunder.
  • Like 2

As much as I would like to see Marvel/Disney getting their hands on Spidey I still think their focus, strategically, should be on FF. Characters like Doctor Doom and Galactus may have started in FF, but they really have become Marvel's universal villains, having as much relevance in TA as FF. Also, if the focus is going to be on Thanos in the future, it would be somewhat disappointing not to have Silver Surfer (and even Galactus as a cameo) in the picture. And if TA's storylines were to ever focus on the Skrulls, it would be disappointing not to have their boss character like the Super Skrull simply because of rights issues. FF's acquisition would simply expand Marvel's cinematic universe so much more than Spidey imo. A case can also be made for X-Men, but that property hasn't been as much of a let down for Fox as FF. And FF, I assume, would be a far more cheaper purchase.

You make a lot of sense there. I actually liked the first FF movie...but the 2nd one completely fell off the rails for me. Can't believe how badly they mishandled Silver Surfer.

Avengers is a movie for children, whether you admit it or not.

You may not want to take that tactic. It certainly makes the BO numbers more impressive. That means TA is breaking all these BO records by selling cheaper kids tickets. :)
  • Like 3

“You may not want to take that tactic. It certainly makes the BO numbers more impressive. That means TA is breaking all these BO records by selling cheaper kids tickets. ”

:lol:

Avengers is a movie for children, whether you admit it or not.

Inspired bit of wisdom there...what was it that made you start believing that? Was it the Hulk Smash hands?

Posted Image

I mean they are rated 3+. But, I'm still gonna say you're wrong. They appeal to adults more:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

Inspired bit of wisdom there...what was it that made you start believing that? Was it the Hulk Smash hands?

Posted Image

I mean they are rated 3+. But, I'm still gonna say you're wrong. They appeal to adults more:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Man I want some, lol.
  • Like 1