Impact

Behind the Camera

haha I just came to ask about comic book movies myself.When can Batman be attempted? A year after TDKR?I take it stuff like Daredevil, Aquaman, Catwoman isn't off limits?Edit: So me & Blankments were thinking of collaborating for movies in the DC Universe and building up to an eventual Justice League film. is this allowed?

Edited by darthdevidem01

Catwoman's offlimits since she's in TDKR. The Batman universe is indefinitely off-limits because we have no idea what WB is going to do with a possible reboot for the planned Justice League film.You can do a DC Universe buildup, but you can't have Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, etc since they're current or just recent movies and may turn up again in the planned Justice League WB wants to make.

Catwoman's offlimits since she's in TDKR. The Batman universe is indefinitely off-limits because we have no idea what WB is going to do with a possible reboot for the planned Justice League film.You can do a DC Universe buildup, but you can't have Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, etc since they're current or just recent movies and may turn up again in the planned Justice League WB wants to make.

Okay right, thanks!I guess in a way that's good...we can focus on some of the rarer superheroes and come with some different stuff than just another Batman or Superman.

Well since each one is a diffrent cast/story and none of them are the same I didn't think it would do that well for the rest ;)Though as I said tons of people want Metal Gear and Zelda to be films.

Well since each one is a diffrent cast/story and none of them are the same I didn't think it would do that well for the rest ;)Though as I said tons of people want Metal Gear and Zelda to be films.

I can't even conceive how those would make good films. ^_^

I don't know why video game adaptations were doing extremely well in CAYOM, in real life the majority of them tanked. A well executed film can do well of course, but not in the 300m+ region.

Because we're not going to take the source of an adaptation into account. If it's a great film and it's aimed to be a blockbuster, then it will do strong business unless there's some glaring issue that would impede BO.

I can't even conceive how those would make good films. ^_^

MGS is as close as we have to videogame being a movie :DIt could make a great film if done well.The reason videogame adaptation don't do well in real life has been clear to me for a long time..the majority of them suck.Final Fantasy Spirits Withins story was crap compared to Final Fantasy X's which came out the same year. FFX made you emotional, gripped & the music was amazing...its story is timeless to this day. Spirits Within didn't have the same effect on screen. Edited by darthdevidem01

SPARK Announced For Y4.

The epic animated adventure, Spark, has been given a Summer release date for Y4. Boasting crisp hand-drawn animation and an exciting story line, Emergent Pictures hopes to have a breakout hit.

Spark takes place in present day Seattle, Washington, and humans have unknowingly been secluded from several alien races. The main character, Alex Spark, is an introverted teenager whose parents died when he was young, now living with his friendly, but irresponsible older brother. Soon after his sixteenth birthday, he discovers a secret about himself: He has superpowers--and he finds the perfect opportunity to use these powers.

An alien spaceship comes down to earth, seeking Alex. Surprisingly, these aliens are only teenagers to young adults, but they know that the universe is in great danger. A mysterious dictator seeks to control the entire universe, and Earth is one of the few planets that still remains free. They know that Alex's powers may be their one last hope at saving all life-trillions of individuals-from devastation. Can Alex rise to the occasion and live up to his destiny, and what secrets are hidden about the universe, and his own life?

Spark has an impressive cast, featuring Andrew Garfield, Shailene Woodley, Joseph Gordon Levitt, Benedict Cumberbatch, Danny Pudi, Steven Barr, and Kenneth Branagh.