Impact

Behind the Camera

Also, I think we should have 10 BP nominees like in real-life this year and for all upcoming years. That way, we can include more indies and blockbusters instead of just 5 major award contenders. The minors should have their space too.

Also, I think we should have 10 BP nominees like in real-life this year and for all upcoming years. That way, we can include more indies and blockbusters instead of just 5 major award contenders. The minors should have their space too.

I don't know... There are only 10-11 players and making 10 BP nominees would mean that someone would have multiple nominees or each one would have a nominee... It's not the same if everyone gets a BP nomination every year or Number gets 7 and the other players barely get one.

The easiest way to give more players an opportunity to get at least an BP nomination is to add a rule where each player is allowed to have only one movie in Best Picture category (Chosen after completion of the Oscar Picks: you have two ways: either the player chooses one of his two movies, or the one with the most votes go forward and the other one gets cancelled.)

• Community Manager

The easiest way to give more players an opportunity to get at least an BP nomination is to add a rule where each player is allowed to have only one movie in Best Picture category (Chosen after completion of the Oscar Picks: you have two ways: either the player chooses one of his two movies, or the one with the most votes go forward and the other one gets cancelled.)

I don't like that rule. If you wrote two movies that deserve to be nominated, then they should be nominated. Tough on the players who didn't make it, but a Best Picture nomination should be really difficult to get.

We're going to stick with 5 BP noms. I think we had this kind of debate before (it may have been in the CAYOM at BOM, though), but there simply aren't enough films released yearly for there to be 10 BP noms. It would reduce the exclusivity of the category (as it has in real life, in my opinion) and would cause many undeserving films to be nominated. Many years don't have five worthy films, let alone ten. Think of it this way: wouldn't you feel more accomplished to get a BP-nominated film if there were only 4 other films nominated that year than you would if you got a BP-nominated film next to 9 other such films.Also, no limit can be placed on the number of BP-eligible films per player in a given year. Sometimes a player may release a film that he wasn't intending on pushing for Oscars (e.g. Genesis in Y3) but it still gets in because people rave it more than was expected.

I am fine with you starting it.

Same here... Just going to re-do my movie and then make another 3 or 4... Hopefully I'll finish by the time Part 1 closes.I also have a feeling we'll need a lot of fillers.

Same here... Just going to re-do my movie and then make another 3 or 4... Hopefully I'll finish by the time Part 1 closes.

I also have a feeling we'll need a lot of fillers.

I have lots of shitty ideas ready to be released :lol:
  • Like 1

It's funny... now that the year is starting, I have motivation to work on my films. :P

I can relate to that... Half-way through re-doing one movie and then have to do a couple other ones.

Planeswalkers was too long, so I have to cut it half. The third part called Planeswalkers: Into the Unknown will come out next year, same cast, same director. Whedon shot this back to back, so he can easily do something else if you guys want to use him in Y7.

Year 7 has Chronicles of Narnia opening on Thanksgiving, and Sonic is set for pre-Christmas weekend.March of Year 8 could work. Edited by Alpha