rockNrollaDIM

Fri: SW 20.3m; MIB 8.3m; TA 5.65m/Sat DHD: SW 21.5m; MIB 12m; TA 9m

I would join that Chris Hemsworth awesomeness all over the trailers. And, at some point, I was curious to see Kristen's performance.

I realized that I forgot to put him in there as well after I posted. He did a good job, regardless of the accent. Personally, I didn't even notice. I did like how they kept the dwarves a bit of a surprise as far as their individual personalities. Now that I think about it; were they ever even shown in the adverts for the movie? They were funny and pretty cool.

My reason for seeing it was:1. The over all tone of the movie and the slightly different take on an age old story2. Having some actual action in there3. Charlize's portrayal of the Queen was great looking in the trailers

For me, it was swords, knights, armor, medieval villages, folklore, battles, etc. Though, in a perfect world, I slightly prefer straight historical to fantasy in that setting (Braveheart more than even LotR for example), I also liked the magic elements from Charlize as the witch.

Ya, when I saw that I was like, WTF!!Why would it suddenly have a Sunday 10% higher than its worse drop in any of it's previous 4 Sundays? Seems kinda strange.

Disney has always overestimated the drop for TA. TA has gone up with actuals every Sunday so I am expecting that again.

Finally saw this movie tonight in a super packed theatre. Lots of couples, families, old, young. A very mixed crowd. I wouldn't be surprised if the OW estimate goes up with actuals. I was worried about the pacing since some people complained about it but it didn't bother me at all. I really enjoyed it. My thoughts:*Charlize was OTT but it was awesome to watch.*The creepy brother was creepy as HELL. I definitely got a weird incest vibe between him and Ravenna. Also worst haircut ever.*Kristen is great as Snow. I seriously question the bias of critics who accused her of lip biting and acting like a sulky teenager (aka Bella). She didn't do those things at all. No she wasn't super smiley but there wasn't much to smile about. She captured the innocence of Snow White and looked beautiful.*Chris Hemsworth :wub: The accent was questionable at times but he was fantastic. And his tearful speech really touched me.*I liked Sam Claflin ok? I don't care!*The fairies were the cutest things ever. I want the Sanctuary to be a real place. So pretty.A solid 8/10. Better character development and a less abrupt ending were needed.

Edited by bloodandhoney
  • Like 2

Men in Black had great drop at 46%. That is really good.

Yeah, I'm pretty surprised by this. I anticipated a bigger drop. Next weekend should be brutal for it, though. Two 3D movies are opening, and MIB loses it's two-week lock. It'll take a miracle for it to dropp less than 52-54%.

Yeah, I'm pretty surprised by this. I anticipated a bigger drop. Next weekend should be brutal for it, though. Two 3D movies are opening, and MIB loses it's two-week lock. It'll take a miracle for it to dropp less than 52-54%.

Naaaa, 3D is already down for it, so it will probably drop by about 45%.