hasanahmad

Tuesday est. Box Office Snow White 5.5, MIB3 3.1, Avengers 2.2

53% of the audience were female apparently. I wouldn't classify that as female-skewing personally.

Thank you! Again, Avengers' opening was 40 % female and 60 % male but nobody called it male-skewing, but SWATH gets an almost 50-50 male-female breakdown, and it's called female-skewing? Come on...
  • Like 4

Wednesday's drop will give us a clearer picture...

Not really. One weekday in in June does not tell the whole story.

Yep. And the older/younger breakdown is almost exactly the same; I think I read it was 52/48...

I loled the notion that it's a female skewing movie. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Edited by druv10
  • Like 1

Thank you! Again, Avengers' opening was 40 % female and 60 % male but nobody called it male-skewing, but SWATH gets an almost 50-50 male-female breakdown, and it's called female-skewing? Come on...

It also bothers me a little that true female-skewing movies are derided as "chick flicks" while male-skewing movies like Die Hard are revered. A lot of male geekery on this here internet, methinks.
  • Like 1

It also bothers me a little that true female-skewing movies are derided as "chick flicks" while male-skewing movies like Die Hard are revered. A lot of male geekery on this here internet, methinks.

It's only really this forum. Mid-20s white male South Park faux-libertarians dominate the place.
  • Like 1

It's only really this forum. Mid-20s white male South Park faux-libertarians dominate the place.

Actually, that's kind of the case all over the whole bloody web. "Dominate" is a strong word but let's just say that they have a strong prescence. (I would say we but I'm closer to mid 40's than mid 20's)

SW skewing only slightly female, that is good for the film, showing appeal over both male and female audience thanks in part to Thor, also skewed slightly older than younger. All good things for SW, plus 2 good daily holds, right now it is shaped to have a solid run and finish over 140m, this weekend will paint a better picture for us.