baumer

Weekend Estimates pg 60 Mad3 60.3 Prom 50.0

That's after it opened. I think he means before back on mojo.

Gotcha. One more of iJackwhatever's gems .."GUISE, AVENGERS WILL BE PLAYING IN THEATRES TILL NEXT YEAR" :rofl:I'm not going to rail on druv but even he's borderline overboard with TA.

Hmm I think druv has been very respectable with his predictions for TA. I haven't seen him post anything crazy about it.

Quite a few of his TA predictions were too high and he kept saying "there is no way TA doesnt increase X%"

Gotcha. One more of iJackwhatever's gems .."GUISE, AVENGERS WILL BE PLAYING IN THEATRES TILL NEXT YEAR" :rofl:I'm not going to rail on druv but even he's borderline overboard with TA.

druv10 has been fighting off haters single handedly from day 1. Well fmpro was right there too. I don't begrudge him anything at this point. I don't think he's overboard but he's certainly optimistic.As an Avengers fan, I didn't think it would beat THG opening weekend, let alone break the ow record. There were some like Mav who said it was a lock and others were with him on it. Most weren't. But nobody thought 200m. I think once 200m was attained, the comparisons to Avatar and Titanic started flooding in. For a comic book movie, there are limits-even with 3D. That's just the way it is, imo.
  • Like 2

There really isn't anyway to spin how this weekend has went. Everything has gone down hill since midnights. Sorry to break the bad news.

The detractors are trying to spin. $50m for the type of movie it is, is good. In line with expectations.
  • Like 2

I think that's pretty sane for this board.

No, I didnt like the constant over-inflation of hopes and expectations. When people tried to reason with them, they turned rabid.I have no issues with super high projections or expectations as long as people dont attack others.

No, I didnt like the constant over-inflation of hopes and expectations. When people tried to reason with them, they turned rabid.I have no issues with super high projections or expectations as long as people dont attack others.

Super high projections like my sig? :P

Most people on this board are guilty of this at some time or another when it's their favorite movie. What about the guy that says the Dark Knight Rises is gonna make 800m domestic? What about the SWATH over 225m club? MIB3 1B WW. This stuff is mostly for fun. It's not a science. It's not that big of a deal imo. Time will bear out who's right and who's wrong. That's the way I look at it.

Most people on this board are guilty of this at some time or another when it's their favorite movie. What about the guy that says the Dark Knight Rises is gonna make 800m domestic? What about the SWATH over 225m club? MIB3 1B WW. This stuff is mostly for fun. It's not a science. It's not that big of a deal imo. Time will bear out who's right and who's wrong. That's the way I look at it.

I think you missed the part where I said that there is nothing wrong with super high projections, expectations as long as you dont attack other's relatively sane projections.

I think you missed the part where I said that there is nothing wrong with super high projections, expectations as long as you dont attack other's relatively sane projections.

Maybe I did. apologies.

The detractors are trying to spin. $50m for the type of movie it is, is good. In line with expectations.

But it may not even hit 50M and it is facing a heavy drop next week. Getting 130-140M is not in line with expectations since it will barely get it's budget back.