baumer

Weekend Estimates pg 60 Mad3 60.3 Prom 50.0

22 is solid if unspectacular for Prometheus, but pretty great for Madagascar, considering one had substantial midnights and one didn't. Should be low-mid fifties for Prometheus and mid-high sixties for Madagascar :what:

Prometheus will collapse after this weekend.

Beg to differ. I think it's mostly the internet and the Alien fanboys that have the issues with it, mainly due to unrealistic expectations. I think general audiences will be pleased for the most part. They may not love it, but I don't see toxic WOM coming whatsoever. Edited by MovieMan89

Beg to differ. I think it's mostly the internet and the Alien fanboys that have the issues with it, mainly due to unrealistic expectations. I think general audiences will be pleased for the most part. They may not love it, but I don't see toxic WOM coming whatsoever.

General audiences are not going to like this. It's just not a good movie.

Contrary to the intelligent opinion that Prometheus is a "bad movie" I had three people with me last night at midnight who have never seen any Alien films LOVED Prometheus... One dude even has the poster as his phone background now.

• Like 1

Trying to pass off your opinions as statements of fact. Good call.As for the early numbers, impressive for both films. Until this weekend, there hadn't been any offerings specifically for adults or small children. Apparently, there was demand for such entertainment from both demos.
  • Like 1

Trying to pass off your opinions as statements of fact. Good call.As for the early numbers, impressive for both films. Until this weekend, there hadn't been any offerings specifically for adults or small children. Apparently, there was demand for such entertainment from both demos.

It's not just based on my opinion. I'm noticing many people disliking it more than liking it. It's becoming a trend. Twitter, here on the forums, the people at the theater. I don't base my predictions based on my opinions so piss off. Edited by Cheesy Poofs

Debatable, no one ever truly knows.

Well the signs point to more people agreeing with me. Just look at the grades here on the forums that people are giving this, and Twitter is very helpful in trying to figure this stuff out, and it's not getting a good response.

I think you're very wrong there. Will a lot of Alien fans dislike it? Yes. However as some others here have already stated I have friends who have never seen Alien movies and absolutely loved this. I think it will have at least decent reception with general audiences. Most of the negativity is coming from diehard Alien fans who had unrealistic goals.

It's not just based on my opinion. I'm noticing many people disliking it more than liking it. It's becoming a trend. Twitter, here on the forums, the people at the theater. I don't base my predictions based on my opinions so piss off.

O RLY? People seemed pretty enthusiastic at my showing. I went with a large group and the consensus was overwhelmingly positive. Also, has it occurred to you that the audience most likely to patronize and appreciate this film is the audience least likely to tweet about it? Methinks not.

I think you're very wrong there. Will a lot of Alien fans dislike it? Yes. However as some others here have already stated I have friends who have never seen Alien movies and absolutely loved this. I think it will have at least decent reception with general audiences. Most of the negativity is coming from diehard Alien fans who had unrealistic goals.

And the people who I saw it with aren't part of the Alien fanbase and they thought that it was terrible. So it's a two way road.

Well the signs point to more people agreeing with me. Just look at the grades here on the forums that people are giving this, and Twitter is very helpful in trying to figure this stuff out, and it's not getting a good response.

twitter is about 50/50

O RLY? People seemed pretty enthusiastic at my showing. I went with a large group and the consensus was overwhelmingly positive. Also, has it occurred to you that the audience most likely to patronize and appreciate this film is the audience least likely to tweet about it? Methinks not.

So we can judge the films WOM based on your theater, but the people in my theater just must have been full of shit then, right? Seems legit. And yes, people do tweet about this stuff. People tweet about everything they do. You are highly wrong about that.

But it's just from those places. From what I've seen on Tumblr and Facebook, it's good. Well the majority there say it's good. Web forums, such as these, are the worst for backing up whether it's good or bad. We tend to be more strict or biased.And not everyone post their opinions of a film online. So yeah.No offense to anyone here. Love you all.But I think we should wait before anything happens. I think it'll be mixed. Edited by SantanaLopez

But it's just from those places. From what I've seen on Tumblr and Facebook, it's good. Well the majority there say it's good. Web forums, such as these, are the worst for backing up whether it's good or bad. We tend to be more strict or biased.And not everyone post their opinions of a film online. So yeah.No offense to anyone here. Love you all.But I think we should wait before anything happens. I think it'll be mixed.

That's actually not true.