baumer

Weekend Estimates pg 60 Mad3 60.3 Prom 50.0

What? I disagree. It gives an idea of what the people are saying out there. Maybe it's worthless to you. But I find some value in it.

It gives you some sense, yes. But it's so vague that it can be spun in almost any direction. Plus you're only getting the people who feel emphatically enough to tweet about a movie and hash-tag it.

Quoting tweets has some value if you copy, paste, and read every single tweet posted about a movie. Usually though people just quote 4 or 5 that give a very narrow point of view.

It gives you some sense, yes. But it's so vague that it can be spun in almost any direction. Plus you're only getting the people who feel emphatically enough to tweet about a movie and hash-tag it.

True. It can't be used as hardcore data but it's a step above my brothers cousin's sister didn't like it. But really, the point in posting these tweets was to shed a little light on the argument of the WOM right after the movie. I think twitter is a good indication.
  • Like 2

Quoting tweets has some value if you copy, paste, and read every single tweet posted about a movie. Usually though people just quote 4 or 5 that give a very narrow point of view.

And because it's real-time, you can't possibly keep up. It's fine if you want to do a quick scan of Twitter yourself, but actually posting the tweets doesn't really mean that much.

Those tweets I posted are all consecutive. I just omitted the ones where people didn't see the movie. I didn't cherry pick the responses. That's how they came in on twitter. That's why I left the time on there.

And because it's real-time, you can't possibly keep up. It's fine if you want to do a quick scan of Twitter yourself, but actually posting the tweets doesn't really mean that much.

I don't care. I'm gonna still post them whenever I feel like it. :lol: Plus I'm addicted to reading twitter.And don't act like you never posted tweets before, lol. Edited by ECSTASY

Those tweets I posted are all consecutive. I just omitted the ones where people didn't see the movie. I didn't cherry pick the responses. That's how they came in on twitter. That's why I left the time on there.

Sorry, I didn't mean to accuse you specifically. I actually didn't even know you had just posted tweets, haha.