baumer

Weekend Estimates pg 60 Mad3 60.3 Prom 50.0

• Founder / Operator

The Nikki karma of "Not A Record" had to eventually balance out. To quote someone that e-mailed me earlier today, how do you overestimate a Friday by $5 million? :rolleyes::P

Edited by ShawnMR

The Nikki karma of "Not A Record" had to eventually balance out. To quote someone that e-mailed me earlier today, how do you overestimate a Friday by $5 million? :rolleyes::P

Did she though? It wasn't her that had the first reports of 27 mill, it was Dean on celly (Variety).

WoW, what was overestimated by 5M.

Did she though? It wasn't her that had the first reports of 27 mill, it was Dean on celly (Variety).

She first said Prometheus would have a 26M OD.

• Founder / Operator

Whoever had it first, she put $26-27m on her site last night (wknd estimate at $68 million). This movie is going to fall off a cliff starting today. Overestimated Friday, disappointing reviews, fanboy-driven audience, poor Cinemascore, and an R-rating? I'm getting flashbacks of Watchmen.Another summer 2012 disappointment in the bag. It needs to be July 20 immediately. Edited by ShawnMR

Whoever had it first, she put $26-27m on her site last night (wknd estimate at $68 million). This movie is going to fall off a cliff starting today. Overestimated Friday, disappointing reviews, poor Cinemascore, and an R-rating? I'm getting flashbacks of Watchmen.

Yep, you are not the first to mention that film. And like Watchmen, those who liked Prometheus, loved it, and the opposite of course. Not a lot of middle ground.

Whoever had it first, she put $26-27m on her site last night (wknd estimate at $68 million). This movie is going to fall off a cliff starting today. Overestimated Friday, disappointing reviews, fanboy-driven audience, poor Cinemascore, and an R-rating? I'm getting flashbacks of Watchmen.Another summer 2012 disappointment in the bag. It needs to be July 20 immediately.

It's funny I even remember reading a quote from a Fox exec that said something like "there is no way we hit 26 tonight." She even posted that on her site with the 26 mill. lol

Variety had 26M for Prometheus and Nikke followed suit.

• Founder / Operator

It's funny I even remember reading a quote from a Fox exec that said something like "there is no way we hit 26 tonight." She even posted that on her site with the 26 mill. lol

:rofl:

Whoever had it first, she put $26-27m on her site last night (wknd estimate at $68 million). This movie is going to fall off a cliff starting today. Overestimated Friday, disappointing reviews, fanboy-driven audience, poor Cinemascore, and an R-rating? I'm getting flashbacks of Watchmen.Another summer 2012 disappointment in the bag. It needs to be July 20 immediately.

At least Madagascar 3 was big...

She for the longest time had 22-26M OD with 56-68 OW. Nikke looked like a vindictive bitch when FOX's executive was saying no to 26M.

She for the longest time had 22-26M OD with 56-68 OW. Nikke looked like a vindictive bitch when FOX's executive was saying no to 26M.

As AA said some hours ago, one does not simply "huffs" at Nikki :lol: (or something like this)

At least Madagascar 3 was big...

There's been a bit of, shall we say, parity in regards to the quality of the summer blockbusters. Two movies that were expected to be masterpieces (Snow White and Prometheus) turned out to be middling and two movies that were expected to be disasters (MIB3 and Madagascar 3) turned out to be pretty good. Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1