hasanahmad

Monday Est. Box Office MAD3 6.4, Prom 5.3, Snow White 2.7

I've supported it and enjoyed it the same why I enjoyed AIW's BO run, I just don't think AIW deserved 1B WW the same way I don't think TA deserves 3rd spot on the WW chart.

What? I can't have an opinion about how much I think a film deserves to gross?

Let me break it to you, deserves has nothing to do with gross. Many great movies have flopped while bad ones made millions.

What? I can't have an opinion about how much I think a film deserves to gross?

You can have an opinion about anything you want. But it gets ridiculous when you're trying to tell everyone that a movie didn't deserve its gross. The movie gross is determined by how many people wanted to see the movie in the theater. A movie deserves the money that it makes because people decided that they wanted to see that movie.The box office isn't your personal academy awards. You don't control how other people spend their money. The box office merely reflects the choices that people made. If TA is number 3 over THG or DH2, that's because more people chose TA than those 2 movies. You can adjust for inflation to try to keep the currency equal. But beyond that, if more people chose TA then you have to accept it. Edited by The Iron Horse
  • Like 4

Omg, calm down. LOL. I'm sure he didn't mean it that way.

I think he did because he said it would be okay if THG or TH (which i believe means the Hobbit) passed DH2 to become 3rd all-time WW. However, his problem is that it was TA, which "doesn't deserve" to be number 3.If you have a different interpretation of his words, I am willing to listen to you.
  • Like 3

I think he did because he said it would be okay if THG or TH (which i believe means the Hobbit) passed DH2 to become 3rd all-time WW. However, his problem is that it was TA, which "doesn't deserve" to be number 3.If you have a different interpretation of his words, I am willing to listen to you.

Ahh, you're right. Yeah, sorry. I didn't see his post being quoted at the top. :S

He's just saying this argument wouldn't be happening if THG or TH beat DH2, which is different from saying that they're more "deserving". Edited by Iceroll Rises

He's just saying this argument wouldn't be happening if THG or TH beat DH2, which is different from saying that they're more "deserving".

Then why wouldn't it be happening with those other movies but is happening with TA? If it has nothing to do with deserving, then what could be the reason? Because we know it isn't popularity, since popularity is what determined the BO in the first place. We know it isn't critical acclaim because the stuffy critics liked TA. We know it isn't movie- goers satisfaction because movie-goers gave it a high cinema score. Edited by The Iron Horse
  • Like 2

He's just saying this argument wouldn't be happening if THG or TH beat DH2, which is different from saying that they're more "deserving".

No it doesn't. He believes THG or TH1(which hasn't even come out yet) deserves to be 3rd all-time WW over TA.

BS, a movie makes what a movie makes. TA is better than DH2 anyway so I'm definitely happy with this.

So you don't see the injustice of let's say Inception grossing less WW than AIW. I think one film is more deserving than another, why is everyone so bothered by that.
  • Like 1

So you don't see the injustice of let's say Inception grossing less WW than AIW. I think one film is more deserving than another, why is everyone so bothered by that.

Because deserving is an opinion.For you sure but people WW have spoken and you're not gonna like the answer.