Phil in the Blank

Unpopular movie opinions.

Apparently family members have tried contacting their relatives on board and the phones have actually been ringing. If the plane crashed at sea, surely the phones wouldn't be working.  

haha wrong thread, continue

Edited by Jessie
  • Like 2

Leonardo Dicaprio is not a great actor. He has a fantastic screen presence and is always entertaining to watch. But a great actor he is not.

You know how you said we were "twinsies"Yeah, no more.Anyway, I have no idea how unpopular these opinions are, but I suspect they'll get some backlash1. The Avengers is not a good movie. I don't dislike it, I just wouldn't recommend it.2. The Dictator is hilarious.................. 

• Like 6

2. The Dictator is hilarious..................

Oh, you're not alone there, not a great movie, but I laughed my ass off watching it. Every joke simply works.

My unpopular opinion: while Catching Fire is a very good movie, The Hunger Games is plain bad. The directing is awful and makes me dizzy at times and I really wasn't a fan of the overall world-building in the first one; the actions of the society as a whole are nonsensical. (CF improved things there)

Anyway, to end on a positive note, Captain America is my favorite MCU character (I don't understand the backlash against him at all)

• Like 4

You know how you said we were "twinsies"

Yeah, no more.

Posted Image

1. The Avengers is not a good movie. I don't dislike it, I just wouldn't recommend it.

2. The Dictator is hilarious..................

I do agree with both of these.....maybe there is still hope?

• Like 1

The biggest actors of all time are the biggest actors of all time because they bring themselves to the role. They are the character but they are equally themselves. 

Tom Cruise, Harrison Ford, Sly, Arnold, James Dean, Robert Peck, Kevin Costner, Leo and so on. 

So much this.

Oh, you're not alone there, not a great movie, but I laughed my ass off watching it. Every joke simply works.

My unpopular opinion: while Catching Fire is a very good movie, The Hunger Games is plain bad. The directing is awful and makes me dizzy at times and I really wasn't a fan of the overall world-building in the first one; the actions of the society as a whole are nonsensical. (CF improved things there)

Anyway, to end on a positive note, Captain America is my favorite MCU character (I don't understand the backlash against him at all)

I'd go with mediocre for the Hunger Games and great for CF

I don't remember if I said this earlier but Thor 2 is one of the top 3 MCU movies

I Am Legend is a great film.

The first 2/3 are great, the moment that women and her kid turns up ruins the films. He'd been on his own for over 1000 days and she happens to come to his rescue the very second he was about to die lol. And then we see the cross on her neck so basically it's all Gods doing, one of the most insulting moments in cinema.
  • Like 4

The first 2/3 are great, the moment that women and her kid turns up ruins the films. He'd been on his own for over 1000 days and she happens to come to his rescue the very second he was about to die lol. And then we see the cross on her neck so basically it's all Gods doing, one of the most insulting moments in cinema.

Totally agree. I was loving the movie and then that happened.
  • Like 1