Phil in the Blank

Unpopular movie opinions.

It's not even a fair contest, Batman Begins score is miles ahead of B89 score.

If you know nothing about the subtlety of symphonic music composition and arrangements, yeah just like some people think Lady Gaga is a genius.

However, I think James Newton Howard is better than Zimmer in every single way though, he should have composed those Batman scores all alone.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2

You know what I love about Elfman's score is that it felt like a movie. It transported you. I mean just listen to this first minute. They don't make score like this unfortunately.

That build-up in B minor is so scary and mysterious, you really feel in the darkest of a cave, it's been haunting me since my childhood from the first time I heard it blaring on TV. That shift in D major flat is like the reveal of Batman into the light, it gives me goosebumps every time.

Woodwinds countermelodies FTW! Posted Image

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

The Dark Knight Rises is better than The Dark Knight. 

Alice in Wonderland is actually a decent film.Toy Story 3 is overrated.All 3 films in the orginal POTC franchise are good entertainment. Neither DMC nor AWE sucked, they're great.

Edited by Ajde

If you know nothing about the subtlety of symphonic music composition and arrangements, yeah just like some people think Lady Gaga is a genius.However, I think James Newton Howard is better than Zimmer in every single way though, he should have composed those Batman scores all alone.

whatever, BB score sounds a lot better than B89

The track "A Dark Knight" is better than all of Elfmans entire score

Elfman's score is actually a film score using the whole range of a real symphonic orchestra. Zimmer's A Dark Knight is drone music for trailers. No dynamics at all, no variations, no time shift, no modulations (Zimmer Batman's theme stays in D minor from beginning to end. A composer that doesn't modulate a theme is someone trying to write an entire novel with one letter), no range, no nuances and no rich orchestrations except mushy and monotone loudness. It's boring loud drums loops, synth ostinatos samples with 2 horn notes therefore repetitive and dull.

Zimmer's Batman scores are a joke on every single film scores forums.

Edited by dashrendar44

Elfman's score is actually a film score. Zimmer's A Dark Knight is drone music for trailers. No dynamics at all, no variations, no modulations. It's boring loud drums loops, synth ostinatos samples with 2 horn notes therefore repetitive and dull.

Still sound better than the B89 theme. :)