TLK

Weekend Estimates: TMB @ 13M, PROM @ 20.2M, ROA @ 15M, MAD3 @ 35.5M

Hopefully a day is not far off when Sandler finally decides that he's got enough money and begins acting regularly in comedic/dramatic movies by respected directors. He was great in PDL and Reign Over Me and after the failure of Funny People (in which he was great as well) it was painful to see the guy becoming someone he himself just parodied. He's a smart and talented actor, I understand he wants to make money but how much more money does he need to make starring in these turds?

Let's not force these two bombs into competition with each other, folks. There is no "winner" or "loser" between the two. They are both catastrophic flops that deserve humiliation and derision.

Let's not force these two bombs into competition with each other, folks. There is no "winner" or "loser" between the two. They are both catastrophic flops that deserve humiliation and derision.

Posted Image

3. Rock Of Ages (New Line/Warner Bros) NEW [3,470 Theaters] PG13

Friday $5.5M

Biggest WTF moment of the Summer for me. Was it the marketing that dropped the ball? I know the reviews are mixed at best, but I sorta figured this would be review proof.

ROA O/U Footloose? Seriously? Could be Julianne Hough's second highest grosser?

Sure am happy that at the last second, I took it out of my top 12 in baumer's game.

I've been saying for a while now that ROA's marketing really didn't carve out a clear audience. I just don't know which demographic was supposed to be interested in the movie.

I've been saying for a while now that ROA's marketing really didn't carve out a clear audience. I just don't know which demographic was supposed to be interested in the movie.

Yeah, they should have just targeted those who grew up in the 80's and hoped they would take their kids/friends/family.

It also didn't help that ROA's source material is neither all that popular or acclaimed. Adaptations of Hairspray and Mamma Mia! caught on because the musicals are box office smashes on Broadway. Even if people weren't familiar with the musicals, they had heard good things about them.