TLK

Weekend Estimates: TMB @ 13M, PROM @ 20.2M, ROA @ 15M, MAD3 @ 35.5M

I'm off to see That's my Boy before settling in with my in laws to watch Portugal play today. Hasta la Vista boys and girls.

Gitesh via Twitter-

#RockOfAges opens to $15.1M wknd skewing very female & very old. Mild B CinemaScore indicates tough road ajead.

Hindsight is 20/20 and all, but this is ROA's folly, on-the-nose. They tried desperately in the marketing campaign to appeal to guys when the musical inherently skews female, thinking that women would just show up anyway. This is what failed What to Expect When You're Expecting.

Gitesh via Twitter-

#RockOfAges opens to $15.1M wknd skewing very female & very old. Mild B CinemaScore indicates tough road ajead.

Hindsight is 20/20 and all, but this is ROA's folly, on-the-nose. They tried desperately in the marketing campaign to appeal to guys when the musical inherently skews female, thinking that women would just show up anyway. This is what failed What to Expect When You're Expecting.

Gitesh via Twitter-

LOL They'll show up for Magic Mike

lol looking back we should have realized even with a 70 or so million opening day, TA was going to hold much better on Sat and Sunday then recent mega openers...We had so many big openers that just exploded on Friday and ended up Sunday doing nothing...TA Sunday was 92% of Friday non midnights.....um...Thats something we have not seen for a big opener in a long long long long long time...

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1