Noctis

The Dark Knight VS The Avengers

108 members have voted

1. 1. The Dark Knight VS The Avengers

The Dark Knight: Original, memorable, dramatic, complex, intense and compelling

The Avengers: Generic, forgettable, overrated, simple-minded, unamusing and trivial

The Dark Knight is superior in every way.

For someone who doesn't like generic, forgettable, simple minded unamusing films, I'm suprised your such a big Potter fan....

I find it hilarious the amount of Potter fans that hate on Avengers simply because it broke most of its boxoffice records lol. Your such a sad individual.

Edited by Jessie

The part I highlighted reeks of hyperbole.. At the end of the day, this Poll is skewered for the simple fact that movie sites like this along with KJ are very Pro-Nolan and will always be Pro-Nolan and rarely if at all, will you see a Nolan movie lose to another movie in Polls like this even if it is deserving..

I don't know about KJ, but that's just not true here. To a small extent, sure, but mostly it isn't. Why did Matrix handily beat out Inception in that one Speakeasy poll if this place blindly followed Nolan? Why is it that in the thread that asks the question whether or not Nolan is a top 5 director, the overwhelming majority says no? Why is it that in threads throughout the Speakeasy, people often point out Cameron as the superior filmmaker? Because this forum for the most part approaches these polls with a level head. Again, for the most part. If this was a pro Nolan forum to the extent you say it is, Cameron lovers would get bashed around here, but put up a poll and ask who is the superior director and I bet Nolan loses. And if he does win, it's certainly not going to be any landslide either. You are simply pushing your bias and projecting one view onto everyone on this site and that's simply not true. Edited by Letsuseournoggin
  • Like 3

I don't know about KJ, but that's just not true here. To a small extent, sure, but mostly it isn't. Why did Matrix handily beat out Inception in that one Speakeasy poll if this place blindly followed Nolan? Why is it that in the thread that asks the question whether or not Nolan is a top 5 director, the overwhelming majority says no? Why is it that in threads throughout the Speakeasy, people often point out Cameron as the superior filmmaker? Because this forum for the most part approaches these polls with a level head. Again, for the most part. If this was a pro Nolan forum to the extent you say it is, Cameron lovers would get bashed around here, but put up a poll and ask who is the superior director and I bet Nolan loses. And if he does win, it's certainly not going to be any landslide either. You are simply pushing your bias and projecting one view onto everyone on this site and that's simply not true.

What you're doing is an exercise in futility, my man. Why bother?
  • Like 3

The Dark Knight raised the bar so high that filmakers and actors are always taking inspiration from it. Avengers is a different type of movie. In fact sometimes i think its unfair to compare these two movies together because they do completely opposite things for the genre. Avengers is remembered for the boxoffice and because it appealed to all audiences. It was a dream for audiences to see an ensemble superhero movie. The Dark Knight was about the classy filmaking, the intriguing story, acting, technical department etc.

Also it should be noted though they are different in tone etc, they both worked brilliantly.

Fantastic, 100% accurate point.

Batman Begins is also a massively influential film, both in and outside the CBM genre.

And from the looks of the IM3 trailer, Rises also made an impact.

Nolan is marketable beyond compare at this point.

• Like 1

WOW this is really the ultimate poll isn't it?

For a guy that grew up in a non-comics culture and never really got into these SH stuff, TDK blew me away like no other SH movies did. So for me, TDK easily over TA. Hell even BB is over TA IMO.

TA felt like a normal SH movie with much more action. I had fun watching it, but other than that, it gave me nothing. No emotional investment, no mind-bending, no character-obsession, no nothing.

TDK easily.

I think you compare TDK and TDKR and its like two different filmakers. 

Yep. I've aways said that TDKR felt like a product from a lesser film-maker who tried to imitate the greatness of TDK.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 2

For a guy that grew up in a non-comics culture and never really got into these SH stuff, TDK blew me away like no other SH movies did. So for me, TDK easily over TA. Hell even BB is over TA IMO.

TA felt like a normal SH movie with much more action. I had fun watching it, but other than that, it gave me nothing. No emotional investment, no mind-bending, no character-obsession, no nothing.

I think the same way, the only difference is that I prefer any film of the trilogy over TA, heck, TA is not even in the Marvel top 5.

TDKR A (95)

TA B (80)

Edited by Goffe Luvs 1D

TDKR managed to take the "city in peril" trope and make it work, unlike TA, where it just felt like the city and its citizens were special effects without any sense of danger or urgency in stopping.

Watching the antagonists in TDKR commit villainous deeds and watching the TA villains do the same reminds me of a Ron White joke:

"There was a kid in Detroit a few years ago, shot 8 bullets, hit 9 people. These cops fired 22 shots, didn't even hit the f*ckin' Suburban"