Noctis

The Dark Knight VS The Avengers

108 members have voted

1. 1. The Dark Knight VS The Avengers

The Dark Knight - A+Avengers - B-TDK is the best superhero film and one of the best films of all time. A fantastic character study, and carries so much emotional resonance.Avengers is too bloated with its action sequences despite the humor. It's brainless. Very forgettable.

Edited by Noctis
  • Like 6

lol TA and TDK are two different films.TDK is more like a Crime Drama as Batman did not lead the movie in many parts.So it has a much better storyTA is more of an old style, great action + great comedy and characters = A lot of Fun.I give TDK A+TA Ahowever in the end TA blows away all blockbusters since Inception.

Edited by Lordmandeep

TDK easily, its more than just a popcorn flick.Just when you thought the genre was slowing down with a small light of originality at the end of the tunnel, Avengers comes in and gives us another 10 damn years of brainless sooperheero movies.

Edited by Shpongle

I am surprised at the votes. 7-0! I was expecting more people cheering on Avengers since it made so much money. Anyways, my vote goes TDK. A movie with actual character development, relevant cultural themes, and a stand out performance? A solid A+ grade in my book.Avengers, while fun, doesn't have any of the aforementioned qualities. I am not going to discount as much other films since i think it can still be a solid rewatchable entertainment but it lacks the depth of TDK. B+, i think.

I think I've said this somewhere else in this forum before. Both films are great. Both films have really bad flaws. And both films are thoroughly enjoyable. TDK is the Shawshank Redemption of CBMs. Avengers in the Die Hard. Both great films, but very different.

TDK: A

Avengers: A-

They're very, very different movies. But they're the two best comic book movies of all time.

How is The Avengers better than Iron Man or Spider-Man 2?

The Dark Knight is better.

Both are better than Deathly Hallows 2 (and almost all HP films for that matter, Azkaban is where it gets a bit tricky).

LOOOL, I laughed! Thanks! :D

EDIT: Not at your opinion, just at the fact you randomly included DH2.

Edited by Noctis

As others have commented really they are two completely different films and are very hard to compare. Avengers attempts to be a fun light-hearted popcorn fuled affair while the Dark Knight attempts to be a dark gritty affair. Both do a great job at being successful at what they aim to be, but because of the type of film that I enjoy, it has to be TDK for mine.

The Dark Knight is a dark, brooding and in some sense epic comic book movie (yes, it's a CBM, deal with it). While I think some parts are kinda hokey, Heath Ledger's legendary performance makes up for all of that.The Avengers is like Who Framed Roger Rabbit. It's crazy that these two films even managed to see the light of day to begin with but both managed to be very well executed blockbusters that paid well respect to their inspirations (and with Roger Rabbit I mean the whole golden age era of cartoons and not the book since as far as I know the film has very little to do with the literary source). Are they deep? Not much, but I don't think it matters. Roger Rabbit is one of my favorite movies, so anything compared positively to that is a huge plus in my book.I have to give an edge to the Avengers but TDK isn't far behind.

Edited by C00k13

Goes to show The Avengers as a film wasn't nearly as loved as TDK.

By what methodology. TA's WOM is on par with TDK. It has sold more tickets OS than TDK and domestically, it'll be very close. Edited by druv10