Neo

Big Hero 6 | November 7, 2014 | Now available on home video

It isn't a legit year unless Disney has one big live action movie that flops. :P

It's when Disney has a megaflop that it really matters.

And 2014...ain't gonna deliver a live action mega flop.

Muppets, Million Dollar Arm?  Don't even count, small potatoes.  The soundtrack for Frozen covered those movies.  Never mind the toys.

Disney...fuckin killing it.

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 4

Newsarama:BIG HERO 6 Gets a Big ‘No’ From Marvel For New Comics

Despite the Big Hero 6 movie being synergistic product of Disney’s acquisition of the company in 2009, Marvel tells Newsarama that there are no plans to feature the characters of the film as part of any upcoming comics projects – neither as guest stars, in their own series, or even reprinting earlier stories that inspired the movie.

THR:Marvel Backs Away from 'Big Hero 6'

The lack of Marvel material may point to the company not maintaining full financial participation over the property due to the partnership with Disney Animation. As the Newsarama report points out, Marvel executive editor Tom Brevoort has previously suggested that Marvel prioritizes properties it has complete control over.

I guess there are limits to Disney synergy.
  • Like 1

For all the worries when Disney bought Marvel that they would micromanage and dictate their creative/business direction, it looks like Marvel is still autonomous enough to be able to decide "We're NOT doing anything with BH6 to tie into the Disney movie."

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 2

For all the worries when Disney bought Marvel that they would micromanage and dictate their creative/business direction, it looks like Marvel is still autonomous enough to be able to decide "We're NOT doing anything with BH6 to tie into the Disney movie."

Probably a good idea that they aren't pushing the BH6 comics, since they are aimed at older teens and young adults.Have you SEEN how slutty Honey Lemon is dressed in the comics? :lol:

• Like 1

Walt Disney has spoken! But... "probably". Walt, do I sense something less than utmost confidence there?  :o

I just added "probably" because when I searched for Honey Lemon, I found this as the first thing that came up:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honey_Lemon  Cached

Honey Lemon is a Marvel Comics superhero, associated with the Japanese team known as Big Hero 6. She was created by Scott Lobdell and Gus Vasquez, and first appeared

So, it'll probably be something different in a few months for Breakspear. Or, it could be something different right now and Breakspear just missed it.
  • Like 1