Neo

Big Hero 6 | November 7, 2014 | Now available on home video

I'm still surprised I was able to remain completely spoiler free before seeing Frozen. People were blabbering about the Hans twist for weeks before the movie came out. I guess I'm lucky since I wasn't into Frozen before seeing it. ;)

What the hell are you talking about! The hans twist was sooo obvious from the start. Even if you knew nothing about frozen before seeing it you'd have realized the truth about him easily in the start Itself !
  • Like 1

What the hell are you talking about! The hans twist was sooo obvious from the start. Even if you knew nothing about frozen before seeing it you'd have realized the truth about him easily in the start Itself !

Really now? I'll have to admit, I was spoiled about Hans a full three months before Frozen's release because I made the mistake of visiting its IMDb board. However, I watched the movie many times with people who weren't spoiled and they were all "Oh nooo!" in great dismay at the reveal. Later on, most of them told me they were expecting Hans to end up with Elsa, especially once he arrived at her ice palace. Similar to Enchanted, where the couples ended up switching. Nobody I knew suspected him to be a wolf in sheep's disguise at all.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 5

I guess it depends on the mindset you go into watching the movie... if you expect a classical disney story then you are going to be surprised (as i was to be honest). I mean, they had a love song, and usually characters do not lie when they are singing! :)

• Like 1

You and I were one of the few people who notice Hans true colours from the start.

From the moment Hans bumped Anna with a horse, I already knew that his intention was not good and I'm even wondering why people didn't find it obvious.

You had 2 innocent and young royalties with no parents to guide them and a Duke who planned to exploit their riches, so all you need is a man who will trick one of them into giving the easy ticket to all the kingdom's wealth and power, marriage.

Edited by phantom
  • Like 2

I guess it depends on the mindset you go into watching the movie... if you expect a classical disney story then you are going to be surprised (as i was to be honest). I mean, they had a love song, and usually characters do not lie when they are singing! :)

That was me. Probably why I liked Frozen so much since it kept playing with my expectations. 

• Like 2

I know, it broke core Disney rules! Is nothing sacred anymore?! :P

• Like 1

One (spoiler-free) review of the Junior novelization's story:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?discussion=13409308660A60120100&page=51

That is one heck of a review!! The movie seems much better than I thought it would be. That review just cleared my biggest fear - that the movie will be too childish for too childish children and without any actual great story or theme. Whew!! The reviewer says it the story is quite Adult with deep themes, cold-blooded scenes and some "real" emotional scenes unlike frozen which did not have much of a story, too much songs to make up for it (although I liked the songs) and was quite childish (not saying it was very bad, it was good-hearted and fun but nothing like a masterpiece or even a very great movie). I now think I should first see this rather than interstellar. My hopes have gone really high too! Edited by Infernus
  • Like 1

What do you guys think its RT score will be? I had thought it would get something around 55%. But as the days and details unfold, it seems the movie will be quite good. I now think it may get something above 75% or even 85% (seeing how easy it has become to get score of even 90 plus nowadays).

• Like 1

What do you guys think its RT score will be? I had thought it would get something around 55%. But as the days and details unfold, it seems the movie will be quite good. I now think it may get something above 75% or even 85% (seeing how easy it has become to get score of even 90 plus nowadays).

Good reviews, or rather being a great movie, is the only more thing it needs to become a big hit, i think. What with all else in its favour - really big names (Disney and Marvel!), superb goodwill coz of frozen, marvel beimg so hot right now (although I think mot many may know of its connection to marvel universe, a very bleak summer for animated feature and being primarily based in and being a kind of tribute to japan amd its anime and manga industry, japan beimg the biggest OS market for animated features now and really mad over frozen. Who knows this too might cross 100 million there!

• Like 1

Good reviews, or rather being a great movie, is the only more thing it needs to become a big hit, i think. What with all else in its favour - really big names (Disney and Marvel!), superb goodwill coz of frozen, marvel beimg so hot right now (although I think mot many may know of its connection to marvel universe, a very bleak summer for animated feature and being primarily based in and being a kind of tribute to japan amd its anime and manga industry, japan beimg the biggest OS market for animated features now and really mad over frozen. Who knows this too might cross 100 million there!

• Like 1