Neo

Big Hero 6 | November 7, 2014 | Now available on home video

What I liked more about Big Hero 6, than say, the Lego Movie, was that this made me use all of my emotions throughout the film.

I was barely sad during the Lego Movie, that felt just like an ADD film to make us happy. This on the other hand, made me happy, excited, and sad, sometimes all at the same time.

• Like 5

I don't know if it's a guy thing, but I liked this so much better than Frozen - which I liked a lot.

Amazing movie. My favorite of the Lasseter/Catmull-WDAS era by far.

J'ADORE FROZEN! Like, we watch it a lot at Casa WTF. The soundtrack helped jumpstart my son's vocalizing; singing "Let It Go" was his gateway to speaking full sentences. 

But I connected way more emotionally to this movie. To the point where I ugly cried in ways I didn't when watching FROZEN. Or even my favorite WRECK-IT RALPH.

• Like 7

You are a great artist. That looks really good.

Aw thanks.  I'm trying to think of something really cute to do a full pic, but I'm more of a sketch artist.

I'm gonna ref the next one better though!  Baymax deserves to be drawn in all of his glorious puffy huggableness!

• Like 6

J'ADORE FROZEN! Like, we watch it a lot at Casa WTF. The soundtrack helped jumpstart my son's vocalizing; singing "Let It Go" was his gateway to speaking full sentences. 

But I connected way more emotionally to this movie. To the point where I ugly cried in ways I didn't when watching FROZEN. Or even my favorite WRECK-IT RALPH.

I agree. Hiro's character arc was very well done. He and Baymax made the movie for me.

• Like 6

I agree. Hiro's character arc was very well done. He and Baymax made the movie for me.

I don't get why some people seem to think there wasn't any emotional arc in this movie... I really think Hiro's growth and feelings were handled very well!  He actually felt like a believable kid to me and not just a 'kid character'...if you know what I mean?  The last character I really felt that way about was Lilo. (I don't count some characters because their appearances as children were limited)

Edited by Sal
  • Like 6

I don't get why some people seem to think there wasn't any emotional arc in this movie... I really think Hiro's growth and feelings were handled very well! He actually felt like a believable kid to me and not just a 'kid character'...if you know what I mean? The last character I really felt that way about was Lilo. (I don't count some characters because their appearances as children were limited)

I was also reminded much of Lilo and stitch. In fact, this is probably my favorite Disney flick since Stitch.
  • Like 2

I don't get why some people seem to think there wasn't any emotional arc in this movie... I really think Hiro's growth and feelings were handled very well!  He actually felt like a believable kid to me and not just a 'kid character'...if you know what I mean?  The last character I really felt that way about was Lilo. (I don't count some characters because their appearances as children were limited)

Yeah. We saw every conceivable emotion from Hiro from sadness to anger to excitement. 

• Like 4

Yeah. We saw every conceivable emotion from Hiro from sadness to anger to excitement. 

I think a lot of people make the mistake of writing kids in this kind of 'idealized' sense.  Not like the kid is perfect, but it really feels just like an adult trying to write a kid and not quite getting into their head.  It makes it even worse when the kid is supposed to be very smart and they often just come across as... well... a smaller adult that kind of talks like a kid...  It's like movies are afraid to embrace some of the darker aspects of kids... their anger and their attitudes all get toned down and made more... quiet.

• Like 6

Right. The entire movie was Hiro's emotional arc. Everything he did, built, created… everything centered on

the death of his brother and needing friends to help him. I was legitimately shocked that they showed Hiro wanting to kill Callaghan, but it all stemmed from mourning Tadaschi *sniff*

Hiro and Lilo are straight up peas in a pod. 

• Like 5

Scott Adsit did a good voicing Baymax, well his actual voice does not differ that much with Baymax, but his characterization was spot on! Glad he landed a nice gif after 30 Rock (a show where he was underutilized) , hope he get an Annie nomination for voice acting

• Like 2