Neo

Big Hero 6 | November 7, 2014 | Now available on home video

This looks even better than I imagined it would. I am a fan of Big Hero 6, and I love Disney animated movies.......So, to me this is a match made in heaven. I hope this makes atleast 150m. :wub:

Since this is a first time collaboration I'm curious to see if having the Marvel name attached will give it a boost. Even though its a obscure comic book series, figure a well done superhero movie should do well. So far I'm thinking WiR numbers would be a good target.

Its not a coproduction so the Marvel name may not be used but then again the Marvel logo always appears on non Marvel studio films although I imagine that's a requirement for Fox and Sony. Would be cool to see something like Disney presents a Walt Disney Animation Studios and Marvel Entertainment film.

^^^

Rice-A-Roni....the San Francisco Treat!! Ding! Ding!

Seriously....thats the first look at BH6??!! LOL!!

Actually its San Fransokyo

Posted Image

It's not much of a first look but its still about 15 months away and personally I liked the design of the city.

Edited by WileECoyote

It's based upon a very short series of comic books and it's six comic books. They're out of the Marvel universe, but more of a Japanese manga style. We're creating something based upon that so it's really a Disney Animation production. A loose adaptation - like all adaptations are. They almost have to be.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/pixar-and-marvels-big-hero-6-will-be-a-loose-adaptation-of-original-comic

As close as we'll get for now:

Posted Image

Awesome. That roster seems to be the exact same as this one-

Posted Image

From L-R in D23 pic: Pink silhouette is Honey Lemon (blonde girl), purple monster is Fred(the red dinosaur-ish monster), green silhouette is Wasabi No Ginger (sturdy dude crouching in the background), smaller purple silhouette is of Hiro, boy genius and the lumbering red one is of his robot Baymax, while the yellow one is Gogo Tomago (girl with gold visor and speedster powers).

Seems like they have excluded Silver Samurai and Sunfire as those characters belong in the X-universe with Fox.

Edited by Spidey Freak

Ok, we have official confirmation of the roster of characters as Don Hall revealed them at D23-

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=47240

A preview reel, featuring a wide range between more polished CGI animation and 2D drawings, introduced the movie's main cast to the 4,000 fans assembled at the Anaheim Convention Center's "D23 Arena" which included: main character Hiro Hamada, called a "14-year-old tech wizard with unparalleled genius;" GoGo Tomago, a "daredevil bike messenger with velocity and ferocity;" Wasabi No-Ginger, "a sushi chef whose talents are sharp -- razor sharp;" Honey Lemon, "a brainiac chemist and part-time barista, big on hugs and thwarting thugs;" Fred, "a fanboy whose comic book knowledge is vital to their mission" and sports a fire-breathing monster suit; and the robot Baymax, "Hiro's best friend, originally programmed to be a diagnostic nurse, but reprogrammed and repurposed into a superhero warrior."

Each of the main characters have their origins in comics, but come with changes -- Hiro's last name is "Hamada" rather than "Takachiho," Fred appears to be operating a high-tech outfit rather than actually turning into a monster and Wasabi No-Ginger is depicted as African-American. Based on the footage shown, the main characters' abilities appear to be derived from technology, rather than superpowers.

Technology also drives the film's conflict, with one of Hiro's inventions, "Micro-Bots," falling into the hands of an unnamed supervillain.

Hall informed the crowd of the film's previously announced setting, San Fransokyo -- as the portmanteau suggests, a mix of San Francisco and Tokyo, and where Hiro attends a cutting-edge robotics college -- and discussed his motivation for taking on "Big Hero 6."

"What I loved most of all was the emotional story of a 14-year-old genius named Hiro who loses his big brother, and a robot named Baymax that heals his broken heart," Hall said. "That feels like the makings of a Disney movie."

Sounds WAY TOO COOL!

• Like 1