Neo

Big Hero 6 | November 7, 2014 | Now available on home video

Frankenweenie and Winnie The Pooh. That's an excellent group of movies.

To be fair, Disney Animation didn't actually produce Frankenweenie, they mainly just distributed it. The last few in-house animations were Bolt, TPATF, Tangled, Ralph, and Pooh.

Spongebob is ways more popular than Big Hero 6.

That means nothing. In 2010, Shrek was more popular than Despicable Me. Which did more?

They will both do around 70-80M DOM. 

I'd be shocked if BH6 did below 100M. It's a Disney CGI movie which makes that the floor IMO.

Why should Spongebob decrease? Spongebob 2 will have 3D, and many more new viewers. It will also bring back older viewers if Paramount markets this well.

Because apparently studios learned nothing from this Summer and are releasing major family movies on back-to-back weekends. They will both hurt each other.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

Why should Spongebob decrease? Spongebob 2 will have 3D, and many more new viewers. It will also bring back older viewers if Paramount markets this well.

Nothing Paramount markets could bring back people like me and my friends. We used to love SpongeBob but now we quite hate it. And 3D is dead in America.

This will be hurt in its second weekend by Spongebob.BH6- 120 milSpongebob- 150 mil

I have no clue what BH6 will make, it might not even make 100.

But no way in hell is Spongebob almost going to double the previous one. He's nowhere near as popular as he was 10 years ago.

• Like 1

Nothing Paramount markets could bring back people like me and my friends. We used to love SpongeBob but now we quite hate it. And 3D is dead in America.

I know 3D is dead, but it should at least bring it up over the first Spongebob. Lets bring this discussion back to the Spongebob forum! :P

They need to make a better title! I mean I know that is what they are called... But seriously!

I think the name stands out, sort of like Wreck It Ralph.

Far better than titles like Rise Of The Guardians or Turbo or Epic.

• Like 4

Remember how 2012 and 2013's holiday seasons didn't have enough family films? 2014 has way too many. Even two weeks after Spongebob opens is a new film from Dreamworks Animation, and a few weeks after that are the Minions spinoff and two family friendly musicals.

Talk about the market overcorrecting itself.

• Like 1

So this movie will be all Disney, a Disney animation base on Marvel team of heroes, right? Not a Marvel Studio production or anything like that?

Yep. A Disney Animation movie based on a Marvel comic

• Like 1