Neo

Big Hero 6 | November 7, 2014 | Now available on home video

These spots are cute, but they may as well have just called this Baymax, since he's clearly their focus for this. I mean yeah Disney excels at side characters, but they should still be side characters.

well... in japan the title of the movie is "Baymax" :P

• Like 3

These spots are cute, but they may as well have just called this Baymax, since he's clearly their focus for this. I mean yeah Disney excels at side characters, but they should still be side characters.

He's as "side" a character as the Iron Giant was a "side" character in The Iron Giant. In fact, I actually think it is the non-Hiro/Baymax characters who play a more supporting role, from everything that I've heard and seen about this. 

• Like 1

He's as "side" a character as the Iron Giant was a "side" character in The Iron Giant. In fact, I actually think it is the non-Hiro/Baymax characters who play a more supporting role, from everything that I've heard and seen about this. 

Exactly. The relationship bewteen Hiro and Baymax (and by extension

Tadashi

) is clearly going to be the heart of this film.

• Like 1

Wow, didnt realize the marketing had picked up. Those spots are pretty good and that clip with Hiro and Baymax is actually pretty funny. I think great things are store for this and Baymax will join the lovable sidekick club. Impressive.

• Like 1

A few cute BH6 tv spots isn't cutting it anymore.

Where is my epic BH6 Final Trailer which shows off the big action scenes along with rest of the team? I hope Disney doesn't wait until a month before the movie release to put it out.

BH6 needs much more marketing help than Frozen or Tangled, which sold themselves. It was pretty much a given that little girls would go see those two movies. :ph34r:

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

A few cute BH6 tv spots isn't cutting it anymore.

Where is my epic BH6 Final Trailer which shows off the rest of the team more? I hope Disney doesn't wait until a month before the movie release to put it out. BH6 needs muxh more marketing help than Frozen or even Tangled, which sold themselves. :ph34r:

It will be in front of Dolphin Tale 2 or Boxtrolls for sure.

• Like 1

It's eight weeks before the release of the movie, and still zero mention of when the final BH6 trailer will come out. I'm starting to feel like Disney is slacking off on the marketing. :unsure:

Have some chill. Theyre already showing TV 2 months in advance, and tying them in with American sports. The marketing is in good shape.Stop worrying about trailers. I feel like I say this once a week. Once you break it down, you will see that TV spots garner more views than trailers, so already airing these spots 2 months out on cable is a win. And BH6's target audience is not going to be going to Youtube and searching for trailers, they'll see the trailers during Boxtrolls/Alexander/DT2, and those arent going to be huge hits anyway, so again more people will be seeing the BH6 tv spots at home than they'll see the trailer with those 3 movies combined. I wish people here would stop thinking trailers are the epitome of marketing. "Omg, they only made one trailer, we're doomed!" Equalizer only has one trailer; flop? But it has engaging tv spots and good outdoors marketing. BH6 will be able to go higher. They're manyyyy other factors that tie into marketing. So no, Disney is not slacking off. IMO they're ahead of the curve.
  • Like 4

Lemme break it down mathematically. Okay, so lets say that BH6 spot I just posted plays on Nickelodeon. Nickelodeon averages about 3 million viewers per day. And say Disney has paid for the spot to air just twice an hour (usually their more than that), that means the spot airs 48 times in a day. 3M x 48 = 144,000,000. That means that one spot on that one channel was views 144,000,000, already eclipsing Youtube, and no movie gets anywhere near that attendance anymore, and not anywhereeeeeeee near that number on OW, so TV has already won. Yes 144M people didn't actually see, but it was still seen 144M times. And the BH6 comes out in 6 weeks, so say it airs 2 times a day for 6 weeks, just on Nickelodeon.144M x 6 = 864,000,000 views. And then say Disney has paid, Idk 20 other cable channels to air the spot as much as Nick, that brings you to a staggering 17,280,000,000 views in a a 6 week period on cable. This is why making impressionable 30 seconds spots is important, and why I believe the studios should start airing full length trailers on TV. No clip will be repeated at peoples eyes that many times in our lifetime via the theater or online.And if you noticed, most movies start their tv ad campaigns 3 weeks-1 month before release. BH6 already started 2 months ahead. And again they're tying in with American sports, trying to draw that older crowds attention. Eventually we'll have a soundtrack, more tv spots, Baymax merch in Target, billboards, there will be ads on Twitter, FB, Pandora, Spotify, etc., Disney Channel will have exclusive footage airings, etc. Its still only September, and there a couple other kids movies coming out before then. Disney doesn't need to go sprinting out of the gate, but they are the best studio with synergy, and they won't be neglecting BH6. So yeah again, chill.And as big as Guardians is, the BH6 trailer thats attached to it, still likely hasn't been seen more than 30-32 million times in the theater. TV wins.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 5

I miss 2D hand drawn. This CG Disney era character design is snooze-worthy.

I too really miss 2D hand drawn animation. There was an art form to it. It took me a long time to warm up to computer animation. However, I still prefer the classic hand drawn animation. I really enjoyed The Princess and the Frog and Winnie the Pooh (2011). There is an artistic beauty in hand drawn animation.

• Like 1