diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

You misunderstood me, I didn’t say that cap came close, I said if cap would come close it would be a very bad weekend for TASM2. 

And why is 4M admission unlikely for CAP? Will they get out of the theathers soon? 

I guess it depends on how much it can still do in the face of competition but it'll be doing numbers in the thousands starting next week and maybe probably less when new releases come out. It'll be close but I don't think there's enough left in the tank

Yeah, this is pretty bad. TASM2 will have holiday bumps next week but it won't have the luxury of summer weekdays like TASM1. Furthermore, I think SK is way overdue for a local hit, and Fatal Encounter looks to be it. If it breaks out, Spidey legs won't be pretty.

• Like 3

Yeah, this is pretty bad. TASM2 will have holiday bumps next week but it won't have the luxury of summer weekdays like TASM1. Furthermore, I think SK is way overdue for a local hit, and Fatal Encounter looks to be it. If it breaks out, Spidey legs won't be pretty.

I agree, although there remains a small possibility that they can coexist. The fatal encounter getting mixed reactions is making me nervous. 

• Like 1

I was going to do this sometime later next week but might as well do it now. 

The Fatal Encounter (04/30 release date)

Posted Image

The fatal encounter is a historical drama film based on a plot to assassinate King Jung of the Joseon Dynasty. The fate of those who must die, those who must live and those who must kill or protect the King is revealed over a 24 hour period. The Fatal Encounter will be hoping to follow in the footsteps of other popular historical drama films such as "Masquerade", "king and the clown" and the "face reader" among others. It is being noted for it's all-star cast and especially a comeback to the screen for popular actor Hyun-bin after his two years of army service.

There are criticisms of course from early viewers, the main one being that the actors all try too shine too much individually that the movie loses some of it's cohesiveness and tension. Whether or not those criticisms will have any bearing on the box office performance remains to be seen. 

• Like 3

while that number is disappointing it it is not as bad sounding as I thought based on what people were saying

It's about on par with TASM having played one more day which is still decent. 

How it holds against competition this week is the key issue 

It's about on par with TASM having played one more day which is still decent. 

How it holds against competition this week is the key issue 

But you can't ignore that this is behind the 4 day of ASM even with a 5 day opening.

But you can't ignore that this is behind the 4 day of ASM even with a 5 day opening.

It started very slowly compared to TASM but it gradually recovered and the 3 day weekend of both was about par, if not in admissions then at least in gross. More to the point, while the 5 day admissions is slightly down, the gross is actually higher by around $0.6M due to exchange rate fluctuations. Both are lower than SM3's $16.4M OW though that isn't surprising. Legs will make or break this film and at this moment the latter seems to be the more probable. Current presales have it at a distant second behind this week's big release.

Edited by Rsyu
  • Like 2