diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

You're being so negative. It should finish with over 50m.

I'm just saying it the way it is, I have nothing against TF4. Fact is it's going to decrease by a wide margin from TF3. For a normal film these would be very good numbers yes but given the huge number of screens allocated to it and that it's nearest competitor is in it's 4th week of release (=zero competition) it's hard to argue that these are good numbers for TF4. 

Edited by Rsyu
  • Like 3

Yet to watch Bad Man...Samaritan girl....hmmm....i know your feelings.....Like i said He is a director Like Lors Von Trier....Do you watched any of his movies?If you watched then you can understand what i said....You are absolutely right about that extremely diffucult to watch his film...and of course his fims are arthouse not commercial...I like both arthose and commercial movies...Like me there is tons of people who likes arthouse movies...but my question is how many people direct these kind of movies?you cannot count more than 20 names...that's the speciality about him...and i am happy that u r agreed some of his films are well made... :)

Oh I agree with you, I was just making the point that even when considering the lower box office numbers one would expect for arthouse films, Kim's films bomb hard in Korea and act like breakout blockbusters in Mainland Europe.

And as for Bad Man, not going to spoil anything, but the message that film seems to hold at its core is quite unsettling at times i find. The acting and direction is very good indeed though. It's just a film that is hard to admit to enjoying because it feels so disagreeable at the same time.

My favorite of his is by far 3 Iron though, I think that is an excellent film on any scale of judgement.

• Like 1

I'm just saying it the way it is, I have nothing against TF4. Fact is it's going to decrease by a wide margin from TF3. For a normal film these would be very good numbers yes but given the huge number of screens allocated to it and that it's nearest competitor is in it's 4th week of release (=zero competition) it's hard to argue that these are good numbers for TF4. 

lol I remember you from BOM forums, you were just as negative about TF3 performance back then.

TF4 is doing fine. Pretty sure, this is the biggest opening of the year by far.

lol I remember you from BOM forums, you were just as negative about TF3 performance back then.TF4 is doing fine. Pretty sure, this is the biggest opening of the year by far.

Sorry I only started box office tracking around february this year after seeing frozen and this is my first box office site. I was never a member of BOM. Also if you read my TF4 review than you'd know I enjoyed watching it. Please don't presume things about others based on your own guesswork. As for TF4 it will have the biggest OW of 2014 by virtue of taking half of the existing screens and having close to zero competition at the start of the summer holidays. Consider also South Korea's box office is much bigger than when TF2 or TF3 was released. If you think such a decrease is a win then suit yourself. Edited by Rsyu
  • Like 7

Sorry I only started box office tracking around february this year after seeing frozen and this is my first box office site. I was never a member of BOM. Also if you read my TF4 review than you'd know I enjoyed watching it. Please don't presume things about others based on your own guesswork.As for TF4 it will have the biggest OW of 2014 by virtue of taking half of the existing screens and having close to zero competition at the start of the summer holidays. Consider also South Korea's box office is much bigger than when TF2 or TF3 was released. If you think such a decrease is a win then suit yourself.

Ownage.

• Like 1

Sorry I only started box office tracking around february this year after seeing frozen and this is my first box office site. I was never a member of BOM. Also if you read my TF4 review than you'd know I enjoyed watching it. Please don't presume things about others based on your own guesswork.As for TF4 it will have the biggest OW of 2014 by virtue of taking half of the existing screens and having close to zero competition at the start of the summer holidays. Consider also South Korea's box office is much bigger than when TF2 or TF3 was released. If you think such a decrease is a win then suit yourself.

Depends on how you look at it though.

It's a shit film (according to critical & general consensus, I actually like it) with unforgivably long runtime. WOM must be toxic. Maybe the film has made more money than it actually deserves considering the other Blockbusters this year being good to great.

TF2&3 were biggest films in town back then, that isn't the case anymore.

Edited by KATCH 22

Depends on how you look at it though.

It's a shit film (according to critical & general consensus, I actually like it) with unforgivably long runtime. WOM must be toxic. Maybe the film has made more money than it actually deserves considering the other Blockbusters this year being good to great.

TF2&3 were biggest films in town back then, that isn't the case anymore.

Fair assessment, the running time is one of the problems I had with TF4 too. But really, I don't think the bad word of mouth had enough time to circulate to affect the box office performance on a large scale during just the opening few days. I might add TF2 and TF3 were no masterpieces either and people accepted them readily enough. 

Edited by Rsyu

Fair assessment, the running time is one of the problems I had with TF4 too. But really, I don't think the bad word of mouth had enough time to circulate to affect the box office performance on a large scale during just the opening few days. I might add TF2 and TF3 were no masterpieces either and people accepted them readily enough. 

But they didn't have much choices back then, did they? TF movies were the biggest of their kind so even the stories were bad the special effects alone were worth the price of admission. People don't have to suffer through TF4 to see explosions and CGI fest anymore, any SH movies should be able to deliver that, with a better story.

It's a shame because TF4 > TF3 >TF2 IMO.

Edited by KATCH 22

South Korea Daily Box Office (06/29)

-Admissions (total) gross (Drops from LW) title

01. 706,616 (2,637,803) $6.021 million (--) <Transformers: Age of Extinction> 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
02. 79,075 (4,346,622) $625K (-63.5%) <Edge of tomorrow>

03. 74,031 (3,082,233) $592K (-45.9%) <A hard day>

04. 12,335 (285,560) $92K (-79.9%) <La Belle et la bete>

05. 9,259 (181,955) $71K (-69.3%) <The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared>

06. 6,226 (178,460) $47K (-74.2%) <Grace of Monaco

07. 4,991 (580,331) $39K (-87.4%) <For the emperor>

08. 4,169 (10,590) $29K (--) <Roco Kingdom: The desire of dragon>

09. 3,402 (293,846) $28K (-34.4%) <Her

10. 2,117 (8,616) $17K (--) <Yves Saint Laurent>

Transformers: age of extinction cume: $21.811 million
Edge of Tomorrow Cume: $35.292 million 

<Edge of tomorrow> surpassed <X-Men: Days of future past> in admissions today to become the fourth most attended film of 2014. Take out <The Attorney> which was technically released in 2013 and only the mega hit <Frozen> and hugely popular local film <miss granny> has done better. It has reached all it's achievable milestones now, a great result. 

<Transformers: Age of extinction> opening weekend admissions comes to 1,847,636 with a five day total of 2,634,449. The five day total for TF3 and TF2 was 3,356,316 admissions ($31,080,914) and 2,992,475 admissions ($15,577,160) respectively. TF4 screen count reached a new high of 1,591 on sunday. 

Current presales

Transformers: Age of Extinction 46.5% (26,922
Confession 9.1% (5,257) 
Divine move 8.9(5,131) 
Edge of Tomorrow 6.4% (3,679) 
A hard day 5.7% (3,303) 
Edited by Rsyu
  • Like 7

any biggies re

01. 702,296 (2,634,449) $5.982 million (--) <Transformers: Age of Extinction> 
02. 78,454 (4,346,001) $620K (-63.5%) <Edge of tomorrow>

05. 9,259 (181,955) $71K (-69.3%) <The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared>

Transformers: age of extinction cume: $21.772 million
Edge of Tomorrow Cume: $35.287 million 

<Edge of tomorrow> surpassed <X-Men: Days of future past> in admissions today to become the fourth most attended film of 2014. Take out <The Attorney> which was technically released in 2013 and only the mega hit <Frozen> and hugely popular local film <miss granny> has done better. It has reached all it's achievable milestones now, a great result. 

<Transformers: Age of extinction> opening weekend admissions comes to 1,847,636 with a five day total of 2,634,449. The five day total for TF3 and TF2 was 3,356,316 admissions ($31,080,914) and 2,992,475 admissions ($15,577,160) respectively. TF4 screen count reached a new high of 1,591 on sunday

Current presales

Confession 9.1% (5,257) 
Divine move 8.9(5,131) 
A hard day 5.7% (3,303) 

Any biggies coming week??

any biggies re

Any biggies coming week??

2 local movies <Divine move> and <Mourning grave> is being released in the upcoming week. I'm backing <divine move> to continue the trend of local films bombing this year. <mourning grave> is a horror film and looks like it will do reasonably well.

But they didn't have much choices back then, did they? TF movies were the biggest of their kind so even the stories were bad the special effects alone were worth the price of admission. People don't have to suffer through TF4 to see explosions and CGI fest anymore, any SH movies should be able to deliver that, with a better story.

It's a shame because TF4 > TF3 >TF2 IMO.

TF3 was just 3 years ago, the same year Thor, MI4, HP2, fast five and First class all came out. SH/blockbuster films with special effects were pretty diverse and popular then too. 

01. 702,296 (2,634,449) $5.982 million (--) <Transformers: Age of Extinction> 

02. 78,454 (4,346,001) $620K (-63.5%) <Edge of tomorrow>

Transformers: age of extinction cume: $21.772 million

Edge of Tomorrow Cume: $35.287 million 

<Transformers: Age of extinction> opening weekend admissions comes to 1,847,636 with a five day total of 2,634,449. The five day total for TF3 and TF2 was 3,356,316 admissions ($31,080,914) and 2,992,475 admissions ($15,577,160) respectively. TF4 screen count reached a new high of 1,591 on sunday. 

Current presales

Confession 9.1% (5,257) 

Divine move 8.9(5,131) 

A hard day 5.7% (3,303) 

At its current pace...approximatly how many days EOT left in SK screens?

At its current pace...approximatly how many days EOT left in SK screens?

It will stay as long as it remains profitable. The upcoming week is probably the last week it has any meaningful grosses, though it really depends on how it holds against new local films midweek. 

• Like 1

It will stay as long as it remains profitable. The upcoming week is probably the last week it has any meaningful grosses, though it really depends on how it holds against new local films midweek. 

Then we better hopes for the best..... :)

TF3 was just 3 years ago, the same year Thor, MI4, HP2, fast five and First class all came out. SH/blockbuster films with special effects were pretty diverse and popular then too. 

Thor & MI4 were smaller scale and HP2 was kind of a different story.

Then TA happened and it changed everything. The Avengers are more famous than the Autobots these days.