diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

3 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Lol. Is the movie just scenes of dinos killing puppys brutally?

I mean i still refuse to believe that its worse than Batman v Superman. I honestly hope these Naver ratings are inflated by negative bias and i know that i sound like a conspiracy theorist right there.

CGV rating is more important and there it is doing better than Naver (though it did drop from 87 to 86 a few minutes ago). It's at the level of The Batman and Shang Chi whereas BvS is at 69%

Also based on its first day ratings it's audience is skewing older than both JW1 and 2 and its skewing more male compared to JW2. Again this is based on just 1 day worth of ratings so it may change overtime. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Here's a crazy idea, since 2 different sites have two different ratings. 

How about we let its trending over the weekend and weekdays to tell us the situation.

I don’t want to wait though 😠. But yeah, that’s probably the best idea. One rating is okay and the other is terrible. So let’s see how the IRL numbers go for a better reference.

6 minutes ago, Bigscrubnus said:

Yeah the naver and CGV ratings are both very different and I have zero idea why that would be.

For the most part the 2 ratings are close to each other, its only with a few movies here and there where you might find a big discrepancy in the ratings. 

4 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Here's a crazy idea, since 2 different sites have two different ratings. 

How about we let its trending over the weekend and weekdays to tell us the situation.

Ratings do not change much from the first day onwards. And its better to follow CGV ratings since it has more participants right now compared to Naver. 

1 minute ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

What does this mean.

Based on ratings obtained from CGV and Naver, Dominion's audience so far is older than both the first and second movie. Also, compared to the second movie the audience for this one has relatively more male (both the movies overall however have more female audience). Again this is just based on first day ratings so it may change in the following days. 

12 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Those Naver etc I imagine are like IMDb, Douban, Letterboxd. Not of much use.

CGV is like Maoyan, Cinemascore, RT Verified. Of a lot use.

Naver has both verified and unverified audience rating just like RT.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Well its better than terrible reception at least.

That’s what I meant lmao.

also, idk how to interpret the CGV score. On one hand it’s tied with JW at the moment. On the other hand SK audiences liked JWFK the most of the trilogy so I’m not sure how it’ll line up to western audience opinions.

2 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

No I meant like Douban and IMDb have similar rating level. Its for internet crowd.

CGV is like Maoyan for general audience.

But neither Douban nor IMDB, as far as I know, has verified audience ratings. Anyone can rate on those sites. Naver is not like that. It is like RT where those who have verified ticket purchase have a separate rating and there is a separate rating for general audience without verification. 

I do agree that CGV is better, but only because it tends to have more participants than Naver so larger sample.

• Like 2