diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

For a population of around 50M people, South Korea shows great results in terms of BO. 

And the best thing is both Hollywood and local movies can thrive there. Even more so with local movies, which is great cause SK cinema is pretty fantastic in their overall outputs.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Sam said:

For a population of around 50M people, South Korea shows great results in terms of BO. 

And the best thing is both Hollywood and local movies can thrive there. Even more so with local movies, which is great cause SK cinema is pretty fantastic in their overall outputs.

Local movies accounts for 49% of 2017 as of now, the lowest since 2010.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Olive Skywalker said:

Local movies accounts for 49% of 2017 as of now, the lowest since 2010.

I noticed the lack of big hitters this year compare to other years. Taxi Driver did very well. Confidential Assignment got good legs, a few others here and there also did okay.

I’m gonna blame Battleship Island lol. That one should have done way better than what it ended up. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Sw is not strong in Asia... 

Yeah, I figured that out. I think TLJ will underperform in China and South Korea. We'll see about Japan. Maybe there's hope there. TFA made almost $100 million there.

Edited by UserHN
  • Sad 1