diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

3 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

What are they, respectively? 

Endgame 9.5/9.39

Aladdin 9.45/9.46   

You can navigate that link pretty easily even if you don’t know Korean (I don’t at all). current top BO movies are on the top strip, click to navigate. I got to SMH just by clicking on Watts and then SMH.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Endgame 9.5/9.39

Aladdin 9.45/9.46

Endgame score actually matches with its ratings in the rest of the world. That Aladdin score is incredible though. Tbh these scores for FFH are a bit lower than I expected given it's Maoyan was on par with EG (and I seem to remember reading somewhere that it's rating in Japan was pretty close to EG as well? not sure about that one), although not bad ofc.

Edited by Menor

Ratings started at 9.00/8.91 at the very start and has now somewhat settled. 

CGV rating is at 96% for now which is very very high. But its gonna go down as is the case with almost all movies. 

Overall though these ratings are very very good. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That I’ve seen, climbed from 8.8->8.9->back to 9.0->9.07->9.10->9.14->9.09->9.13->9.17. Still very small number of ratings and the volatility that comes with that, but starting to wonder if it could remain above 9. Would be superb.  

Edit: got up to 9.21, but back to 9.03 now.

... and back to 9.21, 9.27, 9.29

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

This is about 50 hours too early to really be talking about, but a 5M 6-day would be real swell.    

Spoiler

If anyone uses this hopeful post to suggest that a result of 4.1M or something is a disappointment, I will give you the noobmaster69 punishment.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Haha 1

218k CGV at 14:20

Seems like 625k OD.

Edit:

15:20

233K at 15:20. Woah. That's a very good pace.

For instance, A: EG added 12k and CM 11k.

I expect 305-310k final day at CGV, that may be 625-675k OD.

16:20

247k. 14k increase, as against 10k and 12k of CM and A: EG.

CM and A: EG added 59K post this point, I think it's safe to assume, FFH will as well. So we are getting 305k at least, with chances of 310k.

17:20

261k. 14k increase, as against 10k and 11k of CM and A: EG.

CM and A: EG added 48K post this point, I think it's safe to assume, FFH will as well. So we are getting 310k at least. If FFH keeps its lead in hourlies, it can go as high as 320-325k.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

218k CGV at 14:20

Seems like 625k OD.

Edit:

15:20

233K at 15:20. Woah. That's a very good pace.

For instance, A: EG added 12k and CM 11k.

I expect 305-310k final day at CGV, that may be 625-675k OD.

16:20

247k. 14k increase, as against 10k and 12k of CM and A: EG.

CM and A: EG added 59K post this point, I think it's safe to assume, FFH will as well. So we are getting 305k at least, with chances of 310k.

My guess would be it adds 64k more from this point. Evenings might not go over EG's pace (It still has a good chance).

Tot ps's 311k => CGV ratio probably around 48.5% so that would mean an OD of 641k.

Tot ps's 317k => CGV ratio around 46.5 this would give 682k.

I would be suprised if it hitted 700k, this would mean a very good CGV multi. Thought that might be possible but previous data doesn't suggest so. 

Edited by pepsa

6 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I was thinking of 46-47% ratio as during the day is pretty impressive, which means other chains will be getting revenue as well. Also as big as one chain gets, others start getting spillovers.

Thats true but EG had 4 days between 800k and 900k and all the CGV ratio's where between 47% and the 47.7%.

CM has a 812k sunday and had a CGV ratio of 47.2% and it's 1m sat got a ratio of 46.6%. I hope Spidey breaks that trend but other wise we don't need to expect much more than a 47% ratio for it at best today.

With 47% it need to get 330k on CGV totday to get 702k admission. With a ratio of 46% 323k would be enough to get over 700k. 

But to get these CGV numbers it has to average 10.2k for the next 6 hours, seems possible but pretty hard. 

It will probably just fall a little short of the 700k. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The GOAT said:

what's the difference between netizen and audience?

It is like how it is on Rotten Tomatoes now with the verified and unverified audience rating. As far as I know, Netizen is anyone can rate whereas audience rating is where only those with verifiable ticket purchases can rate. 

• Like 2

CGV rating has improved to 97% now, which would be the joint highest for a SH ever in SK if it sticks there. Comps below

Endgame - 97%

GoTG2 - 97%

Ant Man 2 - 97%

Thor Ragnarok - 97%

Infinity War - 96%

Doctor Strange - 96%

The Winter Soldier - 96%

This is one problem I have with CGV ratings, most of them are too high and too similar to each other. I know some here prefer it to Naver as it has a bigger number of reviews, which is a valid point, but I like Naver too because it provides ratings down to the decimals which helps differentiate ratings. For example below are the Naver ratings for the movies above

Endgame - 9.50/9.39

Spiderman FFH - 9.21/8.74

Infinity War - 9.08/8.95

GoTG2 - 9.05/8.94

Thor Ragnarok - 9.02/8.83

Doctor Strange - 8.88/8.71

Ant Man 2 - 8.85/8.62

The Winter Soldier - 8.83/8.92

This seems more right in terms of placing of the movies than the CGV one's above. Anyways coming back to Spidey, ratings are extremely high as one can see. In fact on Naver it is the second highest for a SH movie, behind only Endgame. 

On CGV (on that pentagon shaped thing), Visuals is the highest praised aspect of the movie followed by acting performance whereas the score is the lowest amongst the five aspects (Direction, Story, Visuals, Acting, Score).

In terms of gross, I just dont see it touching 700k today. Hourly numbers have already slowed down (11k this hour vs 13k last hour). IMO its heading for at least 630k plus which would mean the 4th highest OD for a SH movie ever with only Endgame, Infinity War and Civil War ahead. 

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1