diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

Bad News.

extra stronger social distance will be announced today (Thursday). this one will start on Saturday.

there might be 9 or 10 PM limit for Theater. 

Theaters are demanding no time limit right now. but we won't know detail until official announcement.

so basically going back to July ~ October.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, imbruglia said:

Bad News.

extra stronger social distance will be announced today (Thursday). this one will start on Saturday.

there might be 9 or 10 PM limit for Theater. 

Theaters are demanding no time limit right now. but we won't know detail until official announcement.

so basically going back to July ~ October.

Korea 2021 continues the trend lol, we will see what happens though the first 3 days will probably be unaffected as for sat and sun we will see.With that WOM i would expect the legs to be very good so in the end it will probably be fine.

6 minutes ago, Multiverse of XXR said:

Looking at other Marvel OD in SK vs their final,  this is looking like $55-60M. I hope it does better than that 😕 

Maybe this is the first time a Marvel movie in December, Will have better legs? 

And covid restriction so far.

Edited by Danhjpn

2 minutes ago, Multiverse of XXR said:

Looking at other Marvel OD in SK vs their final,  this is looking like $55-60M. I hope it does better than that 😕 

Its christmas and wom seems better than most mcu movies here, so i personally wouldnt worry but i maybe wrong .

8 minutes ago, Danhjpn said:

Did FFH have better WOM? hmmm

No, FFH WOM was worse

5 minutes ago, Multiverse of XXR said:

Normally it would do better final/OD ratio for a few reasons but new mid run restrictions could stop that of course.

6 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

No, FFH WOM was worse

Normally it would do better final/OD ratio for a few reasons but new mid run restrictions could stop that of course.

depending on the restrictions  i would think that they would affect the ow and even that not by match as they will probably be implemented on sat and it could very well make up a weaker sat for a better sun.As for the final total i really have no idea , but i would like to think that the total wont be affected with the restrictions bc maybe it will have better legs in any case it will be intresting to see.

https://deadline.com/2021/12/spider-man-no-way-home-opening-weekend-international-box-office-1234891616/

Sony/Marvel’s Spider-Man: No Way Home grossed an estimated $5.28M in Korea on its first day today. This is significant for a number of reasons: Korea has been extremely soft of late, yet the launch day is 11% over the first day of 2019’s pre-pandemic Spider-Man: Far From Home and is the biggest day-one figure for any title of the pandemic era.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, imbruglia said:

so it's 4 people and 10 PM limit for theater.

hm 10 pm , doesnt seem that bad i guess,weekdays will be fine and as for sat the movie will probably make up for it with a better sun.

Edited by john2000

2019 Releases

10 admissions - 5 films

5M admissions - 10 films

3M admissions - 19 films

2M admissions - 28 films

1M admissions - 49 films

2020 Covid ~ 2021 Releases

Biggest admission 4.3M

3M admissions - 4 films

2M admissions - 10 films

1M admissions - 24 films