diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

On 1/20/2024 at 10:22 PM, cannastop said:

So this is refering to the Chinese film that was about this same battle? I was a bit confused but now I understand that there was a Chinese film about this event, and now there will be a South Korean movie about this.

yes, from south korea point of view

the problem with Wonka is that there aren't that many recent movies with presales tracked that would be good comps, but if I had to guess maybe 700k 5day OW? All I know is that 1m admits is guaranteed and 2m is likelier than not

20 days out with 35k presales is crazy. The only caveat is that it could be an early fan rush to get seats for premium screens, and if so we'll see slower growth than normal over the next week and a bit more

• Like 1

On 7/27/2023 at 4:32 AM, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Oppenheimer presales have started! I will add it to my midnight posts but for now its at 17,541 tickets and a whopping 333.5m KRW for an ATP of $15 as people rush to prebook IMAX. Great start I'd say since it doesn't open for another 19 days!

since i think Dune presales have only been up for a day, this would mean that it's almost doubled Oppy's opening day of presales. With that I'd say 3m admits is 90% guaranteed

• Astonished 3

4 hours ago, Flip said:

20 days out with 35k presales is crazy. The only caveat is that it could be an early fan rush to get seats for premium screens, and if so we'll see slower growth than normal over the next week and a bit more

That was true for Oppenheimer as well. Initial growth was great and it did taper off. 

10 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

That was true for Oppenheimer as well. Initial growth was great and it did taper off. 

oppy opened on a holiday.

dune2 starting this high is extremely remarkable. day2 growth is good as well so far, should be almost 50k by end of the day. let's see if it keeps it up.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 3