diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

Yeah, a huge leap and almost exactly the same as Oppy at the same point. Let's hope that this with the reviews there gets the ball rolling and it keeps the pace of Oppy or even more.

The cast arrived in SK today but the premier there is on 22nd. If that means they do promotions the whole time two days, this might really accelerate if by just arriving it increased 30k today.

Edited by von Kenni
Added SK PR info

T-5: 185.8k

T-4: 211.3k

T-3: 261.3k

T-2: 318.4k

T-1: 395.9k

T-0: 572.7k

Those are the rest of the Oppy presale numbers. So today's target is that 185.8k or more to keep up with the Joneses. So far last days have been pretty much on par.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2024 at 5:12 PM, von Kenni said:

T-5: 185.8k

T-4: 211.3k

T-3: 261.3k

T-2: 318.4k

T-1: 395.9k

T-0: 572.7k

Those are the rest of the Oppy presale numbers. So today's target is that 185.8k or more to keep up with the Joneses. So far last days have been pretty much on par.

8 hours ago, efialtes76 said:

199,867(+17k)

On T-4 Dune clearly dropped from Oppy's pace but then again, if it was a holiday when Oppy opened this could be expected at this stage even if Dune tracks it well with actual ticket sales down the line.

48 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

It was never going to keep up with Oppy as that opened on a holiday, that said pace has been pretty sluggish so I think finish will be below 400k. Still that is fine.

I hope like Wonka, this has solid legs. That is more important than even presales in this market. 

• Like 1

t-7:146k(+28.6k)
t-6:165k(+19k)
t-5:183k(+17.8k)
t-4:200k(+16.9k)
t-3:213k(+13k)
The daily presales continues decrease from T-7 to T-3, which is a rare phenomenon.I think korean ga has steadfastly refused to try dune 2 after part 1, but at least fans have provided enough numbers.     

• Like 2

1 hour ago, noobmaster69 said:

t-7:146k(+28.6k)
t-6:165k(+19k)
t-5:183k(+17.8k)
t-4:200k(+16.9k)
t-3:213k(+13k)
The daily presales continues decrease from T-7 to T-3, which is a rare phenomenon.I think korean ga has steadfastly refused to try dune 2 after part 1, but at least fans have provided enough numbers.     

Maybe some of them will try again after WOM gets around.

Can dune 2 still open to number 1 next week? Exhuma is a mega-opener and opens to 16.8m. I don’t get this release date, isn’t lunar new year is one of the best season to release a movie? Why they pick this quiet week instead? 

2 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

Can dune 2 still open to number 1 next week? Exhuma is a mega-opener and opens to 16.8m. I don’t get this release date, isn’t lunar new year is one of the best season to release a movie? Why they pick this quiet week instead? 

Don't think so in admits, maybe in gross but given sluggish pace I expect walkups will also be low

Edited by JustLurking