Taylor

Weekend Estimates: #1-TED 54.1m; #2-MM 39.16m; #3-BRAVE 34m; #4-MADEA 26.35m; #5- MAD3 11.82m

Here an 8:30 update:Magic Mike - 1402Ted - 705Madea - 419People Like Us - 149That Magic Mike number can go up about 75-100 more from the shows we added, but this is gonna be close to cap.

Ted is also solding quite well. Madea doesn't look bad either. People Like Us is flopping.

Ted and Mike sold out all night at my theater. Went at 730 to make the 1010 show for Ted and it was gone. Madea too was selling out. Huge fridays for all three.My guess:Ted--23MMagic Mike--21MMadea--15M

• Like 2

Ted and Mike sold out all night at my theater. Went at 730 to make the 1010 show for Ted and it was gone. Madea too was selling out. Huge fridays for all three.

My guess:

Ted--23M

Magic Mike--21M

Madea--15M

Posted Image

Posted Image

Don't take my theater as the national average. It's located in a college town (LSU) where films like Ted and MM should be doing good numbers. Still, I haven't seen films sell out this summer like this since Avengers.

Here an 8:30 update:Magic Mike - 1402Ted - 705Madea - 419People Like Us - 149That Magic Mike number can go up about 75-100 more from the shows we added, but this is gonna be close to cap.

Great numbers for Mike. I guess the only thing holding it back is the low theater count since it is selling shows wherever it can.

Great numbers for Mike. I guess the only thing holding it back is the low theater count since it is selling shows wherever it can.

Theater count isn't that much lower but the number of showings in some cases is half of TED's

Question for you theater manager/worker folk: Nikki and the trades base their estimates on business so far and extrapolating the rest of the day with number of theaters the movie's playing in, etc.But with digital screens exploding, and theaters now able to add showtimes at the drop of a hat (as rallax's theater did the other day), how accurate can those extrapolations be? Do digital prints affect the accuracy of early estimates?Seems to me that they well might.

My theater has 10 showings each for Ted and Mike where as Madea is getting 20 showtimes and STILL selling out. I see all three films having huge fridays.

As do I, but just as with Rallax's theater, one does not a pattern make. ;)