Taylor

Weekend Estimates: #1-TED 54.1m; #2-MM 39.16m; #3-BRAVE 34m; #4-MADEA 26.35m; #5- MAD3 11.82m

Next year WB will do movie next year calledNaughty Nikki or something like thatit will starAnn HathawayEmma StoneAngelina JolieOlive WildeMila Kunis

The sad thing is a female version of Magic Mike could never happen and be this successful because our cultrue would have a fit about women being "objectified" like that and jealous ass insecure girlfriends would give their boyfriends hell if they tried to go see it, etc. Double standard at its worst.
  • Like 6

The sad thing is a female version of Magic Mike could never happen and be this successful because our cultrue would have a fit about women being "objectified" like that and jealous ass insecure girlfriends would give their boyfriends hell if they tried to go see it, etc. Double standard at its worst.

Posted Image

EDIT: Whoops, missed that part about being successful

Though this movie probably exemplifies the inherent problem: Female characters are often poorly written stereotypes and not actual human beings like the cast of Magic Mike seem to be, therefore fueling the fire of "objectification" complaints. If someone could make a female stripper movie that's actually good it might draw an audience.

Edited by tribefan695

"Showgirls"? "Striptease"? Naked Women have been more objectified on screen than Men have. There are rarely full frontal male nudity in film. Women though, we've see everything with zero clothes in countless films. So It's not the fact a female Magic Mike would be objectified. It's the fact that woman have had to be more sexual than men have on Film. "Magic Mike" success is Women wanting to have there little "Naughty" film and you know what. I can't even hate on that, especially with a 5 Million budget. Channing better live it up cause he may never have a year like 2012. Amazing run. Edited by filmscholar

Women are already more objective more than men. Go look in magazine.

"Showgirls"? "Striptease"? Naked Women have been more objectified on screen than Men have. There are rarely full frontal male nudity in film. Women though, we've see everything with zero clothes in countless films. So It's not the fact a female Magic Mike would be objectified. It's the fact that woman have had to be more sexual than men have on Film. "Magic Mike" success is Women wanting to have there little "Naughty" film and you know what. I can't even hate on that, especially with a 5 Million budget. Channing better live it up cause he may never have a year like 2012. Amazing run.

I'm not hating on it either. I think it's fine and good fun if women want their little "naughty" film with MM. I'm just saying a guy's version of MM would not be treated the same way. The media would not be having all this fun with it, and it would probably be a box office flop because for some reason its become OK in our society for men to be objectified and oogled by women (ahem Twilight) but not vice versa. There is no mainstream equivalent to Twilight or MM for that reason.

I'm not hating on it either. I think it's fine and good fun if women want their little "naughty" film with MM. I'm just saying a guy's version of MM would not be treated the same way. The media would not be having all this fun with it, and it would probably be a box office flop because for some reason its become OK in our society for men to be objectified and oogled by women (ahem Twilight) but not vice versa. There is no mainstream equivalent to Twilight or MM for that reason.

Women are objectify all time in hollywood and in real life.

That's because we don't need a movie franchise to get our kicks. Look at alcohol advertising and everything else out there. Hot chicks all over the place for us to drool over.