Taylor

Weekend Estimates: #1-TED 54.1m; #2-MM 39.16m; #3-BRAVE 34m; #4-MADEA 26.35m; #5- MAD3 11.82m

Who cares about critics. People will go see Spider-Man for the brand. Critics have very little weight when it comes to the GA going to see a superhero movie.

Right. That's why Green Lantern, Fantastic Four, and The Punisher were hits. That's why Batman, X Men, and Bond all suffered at the box office in their reboots. This is all basic box office stuff. I feel like I am talking to an elementary school student.

People loved Spider Man in 2002- May 2007 and then something happen Spider Man 3.Most people love Spider Man. Spider Man and Bat Man are the the two most beloved superheroes.

The character is still the best SH ever, IMO, but if people want to hate something, they should probably hate Sony for "ruining" the films and definitely hate Marvel for ruining the comic. ;)

Wow...so you are projecting the hate you should be throwing toward Sony toward Spider-Man instead? That makes zero sense.

:lol: I don't have a grudge against Mr. Parker himself no (is he a real person now, lol) but it's why the movie disappointing would be somewhat rewarding to see, and also why I know it will disappoint. Maybe teach the studios a lesson not to pointlessly and shamelessly remake something that was done perfectly well not that long ago for a quick buck.
  • Like 1

Right. That's why Green Lantern, Fantastic Four, and The Punisher were hits. That's why Batman, X Men, and Bond all suffered at the box office in their reboots. This is all basic box office stuff. I feel like I am talking to an elementary school student.

Green Lantern and Fantastic Four had great openings despite critics reviews, they dropped off afterwards, indicating Word of mouth, not critics reviews are to blame

Huh? FF was a hit. GL was a meh. Punisher was a bomb. BB did OK, X-Men FC did too and CR was the highest grossing unadjusted Bond film at the time. So, really, I'm just not sure what you were trying to say here.

Gathering that a Spidey discussion relevant to what I'm about to say is going on, I will say this: I have nothing against the immense talent that Sony got together for the reboot, but I at the very least want Oz to make more money, I just don't like the idea of Sony fucking up the Spider-man 4 everyone wanted to see and getting away with it. I want to see them suffer for their actions. Or at least have it stuck to them.

Green Lantern and Fantastic Four had great openings despite critics reviews, they dropped off afterwards, indicating Word of mouth, not critics reviews are to blame

Wow. I think we've reached the point of no return. The loonies are trying to turn obvious bombs into box office successes to protect their poor Spider Man.

:lol: I don't have a grudge against Mr. Parker himself no (is he a real person now, lol) but it's why the movie disappointing would be somewhat rewarding to see, and also why I know it will disappoint. Maybe teach the studios a lesson not to pointlessly and shamelessly remake something that was done perfectly well not that long ago for a quick buck.

I love SM1. It's in my top 10 and one of the best memories of my entire life. But it was FAR from perfect.

Right because all those are well known superheroes.

And funny that you think that Spider-Man will fail because critics are not enthusiastically giddy about the movie even though the majority support this new version.

Don't forget the critics reviews are overall positive. Based on what you read here you think the rating wad at 40% or something

Nice argument there. Edited by Bluebomb

Wow. I think we've reached the point of no return. The loonies are trying to turn obvious bombs into box office successes to protect their poor Spider Man.

FF was not a bomb. And sure not an "obvious" one. 330m on a 100m budget is nowhere near a bomb.

The fuck is wrong is with you? When did I do that?

This is the first and only time, I have heard anyone who purports to analyze box office try and point to anything in Green lantern's run as a success. We have jumped the shark.
  • Like 1

Right because all those are well known superheroes.And funny that you think that Spider-Man will fail because critics are not enthusiastically giddy about the movie even though the majority support this new version.Nice argument there.

You didn't say anything about the Superhero having to be "well known." Just that it had to be a super hero.

This is the first and only time, I have heard anyone who purports to analyze box office try and point to anything in Green lantern's run as a success. We have jumped the shark.

I NEVER said Green Lantern was a success. I said its opening weekend was good. Stop twisting what others are saying

Green Lantern had a solid opening weekend.
  • Like 1