Impact

Has the Love for Avatar really disapeared that much?

This happens to almost every big blockbusters thess days: SM, ROTK, TDK, Inception, DH2, you name it. And it's going to be the same for TA and TDKR. Nowadays big films are always getting less "likes" as the time goes by.

I still like Spider-Man, ROTK, TDK, Inception and Hallows 2

I still love Inception, DH2 (it got better with repeat viewings) and TDK. Never was a big fan of Raimi's SM trilogy. I think the LotR trilogy is very good, but never loved any of them (my opinion never changed so I still think they are very good).

The thing is, Avatar is definitely not as loved on the internet as films like TDK and Inception. Heck it wasnt even that loved even when it was still in the cinema. But, people sometimes take the voices on the internet too seriously and consider it the same as in the real life, and so some would believe since it's not that loved on the internet, it must be the same in real life.

I was not refering to the net-I've seen more love for it online then in real lfie :lol: Oh well. ;)

The thing is, you can't just say me and quite a few people I know still love TDK, so it means it aged well for the people in the US, but we dont love Avatar like we used to, so Avatar obviously didnt age well in the US.

I noticed Avatar's DVD sales in the US were not that amazing.

It pretty much doubled Inceptions DVD sales in the US, and is one of the best DVD seller since the collapsing of the DVD market, along with Toy Story 3. Both sold over 10m units.And of cause, we shouldn't forget its record breaking blu-ray sales right? Edited by vc2002

They were a lot better than Inception's. Does that mean that movie hasn't aged well?

Inception sold about 6M copies and that made 292M while Avatar sold 10M and made 760M. Now I am not saying this means people didn't like Avatar or something but maybe it is a film many people feel they did not need to own or watch on the small screen. And someone brought up TS3, which sold more than Avatar yet was not as big a hit in theaters Edited by Shriekofthevulture

Inception sold about 6M copies and that made 292M while Avatar sold 10M and made 760M. Now I am not saying this means people didn't like Avatar or something but maybe it is a film many people feel they did not need to own or watch on the small screen. And someone brought up TS3, which sold more than Avatar yet was not as big a hit in theaters

The-Numbers.com

Inception DVD Units Sold: 5,213,121

Avatar DVD Units Sold:10,504,571

If it's a film people feel they did not need to own or watch on the small screen, how the 10m+ units sales? Pixar always sells big in the DVD market, but taking TS3 out Avatar sold more DVD than any other films in the post DVD era. It clearly shows people love it whether it's on a small or big screen.