A Marvel Fanboy

Assassin's Creed | 12/21/2016 | Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard | Final Trailer on Page 71

7 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

I knew looooooooong time ago that this was a giant turkey. Shitty trailers, an actor who has no drawing power whatsoever, confusing convoluted storyline, most of the actors looking bored and not giving their best performance, a director who graduated too soon from an indie to big film and that too a fox film!!!! No mentor like Spielberg or fanboy/filmmaker friendly studio like WB/legendary/disney to help you fix the shit aka Gareth Edward's Godzilla and rogue one.

Disaster.

Bombs away.

Lol these doom and gloom conclusions are severely premature 

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I honestly don't know why top-notch talent keeps being drawn to video game movies. Good luck with Tomb Raider, Alicia Vikander.

That's going to meet similar fate. I only feel bad for the filmmaker for that movie. Guy should bail on the project while he can. Go back to Norway and make more awesome films. Eventually, he will get something decent to make in Hollywood at his terms.

16 minutes ago, filmlover said:

When a movie is embargoed until right before it opens, it always means the worst.

If I'm not mistaken, was not Ghostbusters embargo the day before? That film also garnered positive reception from critics despite the negativity aimed at its direction.   We all know there's a certain level of disdain for video game movies too 

Just now, RedX said:

If I'm not mistaken, was not Ghostbusters embargo the day before? That film also garnered positive reception from critics despite the negativity aimed at its direction.   We all know there's a certain level of disdain for video game movies too 

Ghostbusters's embargo lifted the Sunday before release.

• Like 2

Just now, RedX said:

The embargo for Ghostbusters ended almost a week before release.

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

He only gave it a positive score because he's a fan of the franchise. If you actually read the review, you'd see he was pretty critical about the movie.

He commended it for its direction. The reviewer appeals more to the perspective of a film goer 

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Yet he also criticized the direction in smaller scenes.

The "boring dialogue" in Kurzel's direction I suppose? That might be a matter of taste, since even the review mentions that pattern in the director's portfolio of films.