The Dark Knight Rises

230 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Dark Knight Rises

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

So, you say that we say TDKR makes more logic than Breaking Dawn because we like it. Doesn't that mean that you say Breaking Dawn makes more logic than TDKR because you like it?Eh...

It's factual that TDKR is a horribly flawed film that has about as much logic as Iron Man 2.

This isn't an opinion.  It's a fact that the Dark Knight Rises is one of the most ridiculous plots every concocted.  It's lazy writing and it makes no sense.  But I didn't post that trailer to get back into this again.  You guys like it and that's fine.  

Nope, pure opinion, one that is not shared by the majority of film goers and critics.

My opinion, the only film Bill Condon ever directed that could be considered on par with any film in Nolan's filmography is Gods and Monsters. 

He's also the only director out of the 4 attached to the Twilight franchise who has ever directed a single film on par with even the worst Nolan has ever put to celluloid.

Edited by Squaremaster316

It's not an opinion.  Fact is TDKR is tragically flawed.  It makes no sense.  And people do things in the movie that are stupid and assinine.  But, that doesn't mean you can't enjoy the film.  It just means that it is a poorly written film.  But when you like something as much as you do, then you tend to overlook the blatant and unmitigated flaws.   :rofl:

It's not an opinion.  Fact is TDKR is tragically flawed.  It makes no sense.  And people do things in the movie that are stupid and assinine.  But, that doesn't mean you can't enjoy the film.  It just means that it is a poorly written film.  But when you like something as much as you do, then you tend to overlook the blatant and unmitigated flaws.   :rofl:

There is far more logic and quality in TDKR than a ton of the films you praise.

I have issues with the film to, but trying to paint it as a lesser quality piece of storytelling/filmmaking than Die Hard 5 or Movie 43 is insanity....CLINICAL insanity! Posted Image

Movies are about transporting to another place, if a movie does that it has me. TDKR while clunkier

and not as well paced as TDk is far more ambitious and I applaud Nolan for that. I was hooked. 

When the young boy on bus see's Batman flying away with the bomb to save the city it earned an A. 

That was the moment the whole movie/trilogy was building toward, a symbol, a beacon of hope. In that moment 

Batman became Batman. 

A

• Like 4

I love that baumer thinks the Twilight movies make more sense than TDKR and he won't even address the list of questions I made after watching BD2.  :lol:

At some point, he will realize how wrong he is. Clearly the general consensus for TDKR is that the movie is GOOD, not as good as TDK but GOOD.

It is the best 3rd film of any comicbook trilogy.

Edited by #ED
  • Like 1

Superman '78, Spiderman 2, Batman 89 are all worse than THE DARK KNIGHT RISES!  Worse acting, worse effects, worse written characters, and yes, LESS SENSIBLE SCRIPTS!!!

If you honestly truly believe this then I just think that you don't know movies.  

• Like 1

Returns was the Catwoman film and that was horrible, I mean Batman Forever.

And look, if you love TDKR that's fine.  Honestly, we all have opinions.  I have no problem with yours.  But you have to admit that there is no logic in the film.  I could rifle off ten ridiculous things in the film that should never have made the final cut.

Again, if you love the film, no problem.  But don't pretend it's not flawed and a horribly written film.

If you honestly truly believe this then I just think that you don't know movies.  

I seem to know them more than you, especially if you find crap like Red Dawn on par with anything Nolan's ever done.

As far as the 3 films I mentioned that are worse than THE DARK KNIGHT RISES!, I will state further that the only films made by the directors of those that are even on par with it in any way shape or form are as follows:

Donner:

Posted Image

Raimi:

Posted Image

Burton:

Posted Image

Posted Image

"That is it, end of fuckin' list!"

Returns was the Catwoman film and that was horrible, I mean Batman Forever.

And look, if you love TDKR that's fine.  Honestly, we all have opinions.  I have no problem with yours.  But you have to admit that there is no logic in the film.  I could rifle off ten ridiculous things in the film that should never have made the final cut.

Again, if you love the film, no problem.  But don't pretend it's not flawed and a horribly written film.

Nope, an exceptionally well written film with a few issues that make it less tight that its two predecessors.

Like I said, calling it problematic (flawed) in places is one thing, calling it worse than Die Hard 5, Movie 43 or Red Dawn is another.

• Like 2

Well, you clearly have no off switch.  You are too pig headed to admit that you are wrong.  So take your middle finger and place it where the sun don't shine.  I don't really care for your opinion as it is inherently wrong.  TDKR is flawed and most people know it.  Only those who have a perma-hard-on for Nolan can't see it.

• Like 1

Well, you clearly have no off switch.  You are too pig headed to admit that you are wrong.  So take your middle finger and place it where the sun don't shine.  I don't really care for your opinion as it is inherently wrong.  TDKR is flawed and most people know it.  Only those who have a perma-hard-on for Nolan can't see it.

I`m not the one acting like a self-righteous jerk.

My opinion is not wrong, it's impossible for an opinion to be wrong, but instead of you simply disagreeing with it, you're acting like a total jackass. 

I said myself that the film was flawed(hence why I don't give it a full ***** rating), but you decide to act like a complete and utter troll and post asinine threads about films that are, in your own narrow opinion, "better".  Every single film you've mentioned is worse on a technical and fundamental level than TDKR, IMO*.

*That's abbreviation for IN MY OPINION!

In summation...

Posted Image