Olive

Weekend Actuals:TASM 62.0M/137.0M,TED 32.2M(-41%), Savages 16.0M

TASM is imploding! :oTF1 grossed 9.9M on its first Monday.

Yup. I will admit defeat in terms of TASM's first six days, and in particular OD where it exceeded my high end expectations by some 10m. However, I'm still quite comfortable with the final range I thought TASM would fall in. If the drops keep up like this, and particularly with TDKR looming, it is possible that this film was as front loaded as say Twilight films are. The only thing carrying this film over $200m is that it is a spider man movie.

I can't believe that there are actually some people trying to argue that 800m+ is a box office disappointment. Give me a freaking break

What BKB said. Plus TASM has a 230m budget, and it might finish behind all three of the Raimi movies in terms of WW gross. Spin all you want but that is a disappointment.

What BKB said. Plus TASM has a 230m budget, and it might finish behind all three of the Raimi movies in terms of WW gross. Spin all you want but that is a disappointment.

Wrong, it will likely finish ahead of Spider man 2 worldwide and likely even the first Spider man. Spider man 2 had a 200m budget by the way

Wrong, it will likely finish ahead of Spider man 2 worldwide and likely even the first Spider man. Spider man 2 had a 200m budget by the way

It's a disappointment even if TASM barely beats SM2 and SM1 in terms of WW gross because the OS market is so vastly different from what it used to be. It also isn't the given you seem to believe it is.230m is more than 10% higher than 200m... if the gross ends up being the same that's not good.

It's a disappointment even if TASM barely beats SM2 and SM1 in terms of WW gross because the OS market is so vastly different from what it used to be. It also isn't the given you seem to believe it is.230m is more than 10% higher than 200m... if the gross ends up being the same that's not good.

It is fine, for God's sake people are acting if this has to make 1 billion to make a profit. There are plenty of films with budgets in the same range that made less and were considered successful. I don't get it, the simple fact is this overall will be a box office success and Sony won't be giving up the rights any time soon

Besides, it's still gonna do a lot better than BB or SR in terms of WW BO, clearly becoming the reigning champ amongst SH reboots. ;) Life is good for Spidey, 'cause he's still #1! :P:D

Edited by Sin Graft
  • Like 1

Besides, it's still gonna do a lot better than BB or SR in terms of WW BO, clearly becoming the reigning champ amongst SH reboots. ;) Life is good for Spidey, 'cause he's still #1! :P:D

Yea, but its a shit movie.
  • Like 5

Look, when a SPIDER-MAN Movie can't muster up 300M for it's Domestic box office, it's shit.. No spinning it.. If it can't beat Raimi's SPIDER-MAN?? It's shit..

LOOK!... Your opinions are your own, and you're welcome to them, but... that's all they'll EVER be... YOUR OPINIONS!!! There's no spinning THAT! Edited by Sin Graft
  • Like 1

Not only in terms of WW BO, but in my heart and a lot of others, The Amazing Spider-Man rocks the Earth, so of course that Spidey is still the #1. Actually, now more than ever when it comes to movies.