Fullbuster

Man of Steel thread OS

Money is money. If a movie made more because of 3D or inflation. Fuck it. MoS made more than IM1 and IM2. Get over it,

Funny Ed. I have been saying how MOS gross is great for it. I never put MOS down for what it's doing BO wise. I don't put other movies down either. But sure, let me find some thing that I need to get over. Nope, can't find any cause I'm happy for MOS, and glad that we'll get a sequel, maybe a DC connected universe even. I thought you know that. But well, okay.I replied to the other guy cause like I said, I found it funny, so I just offer something that are "in proper perspective" :)BTW, Ed, MOS beat the crap out of Batman Begins. That must make you very happy :P
  • Like 2

Funny Ed. I have been saying how MOS gross is great for it. I never put MOS down for what it's doing BO wise. I don't put other movies down either.But sure, let me find some thing that I need to get over.Nope, can't find any cause I'm happy for MOS, and glad that we'll get a sequel, maybe a DC connected universe even. I thought you know that. But well, okay.I replied to the other guy cause like I said, I found it funny, so I just offer something that are "in proper perspective" :)BTW, Ed, MOS beat the crap out of Batman Begins. That must make you very happy :P

Wasn't directed to you.

I'm just sick of this "oh but inflation and 3D helped this alot". Gone with the wind would have made like 1B dollars domestically with today's ticket prices but it didn't. 

MoS had shit legs and a great OW. Could it have done better? Of course.

Still a success.

• Like 1

Wasn't directed to you.I'm just sick of this "oh but inflation and 3D helped this alot". Gone with the wind would have made like 1B dollars domestically with today's ticket prices but it didn't. MoS had shit legs and a great OW. Could it have done better? Of course.Still a success.

Yup, great success, especially for a reboot. Never says otherwise bud :D Sorry that I took you wrongly.Shame that the chance for it to reach 400M OS is small now, but I hope it can pull in good number from Japan, setting up nicely for a potentially bigger sequel over there. BTW, What did you predict for MOS WW in BSG?

Wasn't directed to you.

I'm just sick of this "oh but inflation and 3D helped this alot". Gone with the wind would have made like 1B dollars domestically with today's ticket prices but it didn't. 

MoS had shit legs and a great OW. Could it have done better? Of course.

Still a success.

Release MoS2 in July or Christmas (or any time when it doesn't face over 145M of competition on its second weekend) and the legs will be a hell of a lot better. 

SR was a disaster in many people's eyes quality wise, but it's nowhere near a BO disaster. And LOL, definitely, let's take pride in Superman, one of the most well-known superheroes, beating Cap and Thor, who were virtually unknown characters to GA worldwide  :rofl:

Both IM1 and IM2 doesn't have inflation as well as 3D to boost the gross. Take out just 3D and not counting inflation, MOS will probably be around IM2 number, and not significantly bigger than IM1 either. And let's not forget, Iron Man was a complete no name at the time of its release too, to put this in proper perspective  :)

But sure, let's compare them to MCU movies, forget the Spiderman movies, or Batman movies, that's convenient.

I'm happy for MOS success, but this post, cannot resist  :rofl:

I don't think SR was a disaster as a film in fact I quite like the movie.  However to WB in the summer of 2006 it was in fact a disaster,.  A movie can only be measured by what It did or didn't do at the time and or era it came out.  For the Summer of 2006, SR was a 200 plus million dollar production that was the result of years of failed attempts to get big blue off the ground.  WB thought SR was going to be one of the biggest movies of the year and certainly of that summer.  The end result was it lost money at the end of it's theatrical run not even breaking 400 million world-wide.  The studio in fact openly expressed their disappointment when it was still in theatres.  Now we can fudge the numbers 7 years later and say "With inflation it looks pretty good" however in 2006 with it's budget and hype SR needed to do a hell of a lot better than it did.  That is why WB rebooted in the first place.  I think MOS has to be performing at or close to the high end of WB expectations because they had to bring this film out after the failure of SR and it will almost double the WW take.   

• Like 1

I don't think SR was a disaster as a film in fact I quite like the movie.  However to WB in the summer of 2006 it was in fact a disaster,.  A movie can only be measured by what It did or didn't do at the time and or era it came out.  For the Summer of 2006, SR was a 200 plus million dollar production that was the result of years of failed attempts to get big blue off the ground.  WB thought SR was going to be one of the biggest movies of the year and certainly of that summer.  The end result was it lost money at the end of it's theatrical run not even breaking 400 million world-wide.  The studio in fact openly expressed their disappointment when it was still in theatres.  Now we can fudge the numbers 7 years later and say "With inflation it looks pretty good" however in 2006 with it's budget and hype SR needed to do a hell of a lot better than it did.  That is why WB rebooted in the first place.  I think MOS has to be performing at or close to the high end of WB expectations because they had to bring this film out after the failure of SR and it will almost double the WW take.   

I see, never look at it that way. I probably should pay close attention to the budget more.

About its quality, I don't think it's a disaster either. I don't like it and found it a bore, but not a disaster like many make it out to be. Comparing to SR, MOS is definitely step in the right direction for WB/DC, both quality wise and BO wise IMO.

Hopefully, they're not just gonna sit on it and keep on making only MOS sequels (we do need sequels) but gain confidence and branch out, give their other characters a chance. I have been waiting forever for a Wonder Woman movie  ^_^

SR finished number 6 DOM, 10 OS, 9WW in 2006. It will be interesting how different MOS will do at the end of the year, but right now it looks like MOS will perform a little but not much better then that.

Yup, great success, especially for a reboot. Never says otherwise bud :D Sorry that I took you wrongly.Shame that the chance for it to reach 400M OS is small now, but I hope it can pull in good number from Japan, setting up nicely for a potentially bigger sequel over there.BTW, What did you predict for MOS WW in BSG?

702M  :(

SR finished number 6 DOM, 10 OS, 9WW in 2006. It will be interesting how different MOS will do at the end of the year, but right now it looks like MOS will perform a little but not much better then that.

MOS is going to make WB money this time.  No amount of fudging could do that for SR.  I am not even sure they made a profit after all the merchandise and DVD sales came in since WB was still hurting over the reported 60 million in start up costs for other failed reboot attempts.  SR probably cost WB 300 million just to get into theatres and only returned 391 million.. Considering the studio only sees about half of that the word "Ouch" comes to mind. 

Edited by Daniel Breidenstein

702M  :(

Why the sad face? It looks to finish 680M-690M, that means you will be within 50M, that's very good. My prediction is 690M, we'll both get 10,000 points  :D

I am going to say 30 mil is possible in Japan.  SR made 11 mil there released on August 19th.  SR only made 8 mil in China and MOS has killed it with 58 mil..  400 mil or close to it can still happen.. 

China is a (huge) developing market. Japan is a Hollywood decreasing market. They are not comparable.

• Like 4

Money is money. If a movie made more because of 3D or inflation. Fuck it. MoS made more than IM1 and IM2. Get over it, 

by that theory I might be happy The Hobbit beat Fellowship :D

mos is successful nothing to spin but comparing a most well known superhero to an unknown & to a 3D less film from 2008 no less is :lol:

all are successful on their own

Edited by Leyla

I don't really like SR but I think I appreciate a new approach to a Superman story, with a lot more  humanity than previous takes. 

Fanboys hate it because Supe is not bad-ass enough. MoS seems to be fanboy's "dream come true" but GA seems 

a bit lukewarm towards this one. 

Edited by zackzack

Anyone happen to know Kal-El's username at SHH? Cause I visited the MOS boards at SHH recently, and in the BO thread, there's a user who sounded so much like him. He claimed that MOS will gross 800M+ WW with more than 500M OS cause WB's gonna for sure re-release it OS so that the movies will get another 120M+ or so at least in OS markets :D:lol:

Still think MOS will get 400+ M OS.. It will fall short of my  870M WW lowend though.

But we still kicked the crap out of IM1, IM2 possibly, beat up on Xmen films.. :D.. So

part 1 in the agenda to match and potentially surpass Disneys Marvel world is a go.. Cant wait

to see what Superman Sequels, The Flash, WW, The reboot of GL does . :)  We also  beat

SM reboot Domestically like i predicted, and just might beat it WW.  Stay tuned